TACC, Europe’s first independent startup-accelerator focused on technology for tourism and the leisure industry, launched in Salzburg, Austria, is now accepting applications for the 2nd Batch (Sep. – Nov. 2019).
TACC Salzburg, which stands for Tourism ACCelerator, focuses on startups in the tourism industry, broadly defined as anything related to how people spend their leisure time away from home. However, the accelerator has expanded its scope to include startups in other sectors, such as fintech, blockchain, healthcare, or mobility, as long as they have a tourism-related component. The accelerator is funded by a broad alliance of corporate partners in the industry, who benefit from the program by gaining access to new ideas, talents and a multi-layered industry network.
The accelerator program will help you to take your startup to the next level. Their experienced accelerator team, a wide network of mentoring tourism experts and over 200 potential investors will work with you on scaling your company. You will be connected to companies from the tourism industry with matching need for your innovation. Corporate/Startup collaboration is the key to a successful market entry or cross-border expansion. At the Next Floor accelerator program in Salzburg all startups receive 12 weeks of professional tourism business training including access to our mentors, investors and a wide range of potential strategic industry partners.
The first batch (March-May 2019) is already a success: 13 international startups are currently undergoing a tailor-made program and receive commercial, theoretical and technical knowledge from entrepreneurs and specialists. TACC specialises in driving business development using big data analysis, behavioural economics and machine learning. The accelerator also provides access to markets and customers and helps startups to find mentors, investors and exit partners from its highly developed network. 9 of the participating startups already have attract the interest of customers, investors or partners. Theirs services and products are being evaluated now.
HERE IS WHAT YOU GET:
- 3 months of tailored and interactive curriculum and program (services)
- Live feedbacks from mentors/advisors and potential investors
- Support to find Proofs of Concept / Pilots opportunities with customers
- If your product or service is already in the market, support in accessing potential strategic corporate innovation partners, new customers and cross-border markets
- Free testing of your product or service in the lab and field
- Support from our behavioral economist team to leverage the maximum out of your data
- The opportunity to sit down with potential buyers, commissioners, resellers and distributors to develop a strong value proposition and business model
- The chance to pitch your Startup to the Next Floor Investors network and its associated partners
- Introduction to potential financial corporate partners.
COSTS & CONDITIONS:
- No equity requirements for base program
- Additional services like post acceleration support (i.e. business developement, behavioural economics,…) are not included in the program and might require equity or fees.
- €900 down payment after the selection, before entry into program to reserve your slot. €75 will be refunded per visited block event (max €450). No-shows are not eligible for refunds.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO APPLY:
- You are a startup with 2 to 3 founders
- No more than 3 years have passed since formation of your company or a mayor pivot
- You are developing an innovative product or service that matches the focus of the accelerator (see above)
- Your innovative idea is technically and commercially feasible
- You have an interest to develop and commercialize your product at European and/or global level
- Applicant must be able to communicate (read and speak) in English
TIMING & DEADLINES:
- 30th of June 2019: Deadline to apply with a full application
- 15th of July 2019: if you are pre-selected, pitch your project in front of the Tourism Accelerator comittee
- 1st of August 2019: Announcement of results (8 to 12 companies will be selected)
- 18th of September 2019: Companies enter the Accelerator and s
Startups from around the world are invited to apply for the program until June 30th, 2019. On September 12th, 2019, TACC will launch its second program. Apply now!