What is Taxfix?
Taxfix is a well-funded tech startup in the heart of Berlin. It is our mission to make tax declarations easy!
We believe that everybody, regardless of their income, deserves to get the maximum out of their tax returns. Taxfix allows everyone to file taxes in 25 minutes on the mobile phone, without any knowledge about taxes, no stress, and no forms. Taxfix offers a chat-like interface to guide you through the process and gives you the maximum return.
Our team has a proven record of creating products that help people improve their lives. We share a passion for product development and a great user experience. We are a nice, small and international team, with a hard-working attitude, lean processes and open communication.
We are looking for an experienced user interface designer to join our multidisciplinary product team of UX designers, product managers, tax experts, data analysts and create products together that people love to use.
As a UI designer at Taxfix, you will put the polish on our interfaces and joy-of-use of our app by putting people to the centre of your designs and the product. You’ll also:
- Design UI elements and interaction behaviour for our mobile app to implement new or improve existing features;
- Evolve and maintain UI guidelines including colours, icons, typographic specifications, graphic and interaction and motion concepts as well as other relevant elements;
- Translate business goals, product requirements, research and testing insights into designs that improve our product;
- Test your design concepts by building rapid prototypes and test them with real users;
- Ensure a consistent experience across platforms and devices;
- Collaborate closely with product managers, and front-end engineers;
- Support us in conducting user research and user testing.
You are the right fit for the team if:
- You are a passionate designer with proven track of designing beautiful & usable interfaces especially on mobile;
- You have an eye for details;
- You’re curious and like to think outside the box;
- You're aware of interaction design trends, usability principles and platform guidelines;
- You are fluent in design and prototyping techniques, principles and tools like InVision, Sketch, Marvel, or Figma;
- You have a good understanding of user centred design
- You are a team player;
- You hold a permit to work in Germany and are fluent in English