Strategy & Analytics internship
Start-dates & Duration
Autumn 2017 and/or January 2018, for a duration of 6-9 months.
Full-time (preferred) or part-time, for current second or final year students, or recent graduates.
At Jump.Work our mission is to empower businesses to make the best hires for their team and help professionals find a role in which they can excel. Founded in early 2016 and focused on disrupting the recruitment agency market, we are rapidly growing.
That’s why we are seeking an energetic, super-organised, self-starter for our Strategy & Analytics internship. You'll be working directly with our CEO & COO (both former strategy consultants at Amex and McKinsey) to shape our company & product strategy based on real analytics and build a great experience for our users..
Working in a fast-growing startup in Amsterdam is awesome. But are you cut out for it? Before you continue reading (and apply for this position), please read this to get a taste of “real” start-up life: https://medium.com/swlh/dont-w…
At Jump.Work we have a mission, and we work hard to make it happen. This means it's not a 9-to-6 job, and it won't be always easy. Building new business initiatives from scratch, and constantly striving to improve them, there will be lots of ambiguity, a ton of stuff you have to teach yourself. If you're looking for a lifestyle job then this is not right for you.
If you're ambitious, up for a real challenge, like working with fantastic ambitious people, develop and stretch yourself to the limit, read on! This traineeship will push you outside your comfort zone, allow you to create your own opportunities, and develop yourself professionally. This is a great role for you if you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, do mundane work as much as exciting new things to make things happen. Plus, if you show exceptional performance in this role, there is an opportunity to join in a graduate role after.
You’ll be helping us solve question such as... What should be our core KPIs and how can we share them with each team? What are the main reasons professionals don’t get a job? How can gather more accurate and actionable feedback data from our users? What feature do users like most, which one do they like least?
This means, you’ll be working on a varied set of tasks, including:
- Conducting user research and testing, based on structured exploratory interviews and product testing with real design mock-ups before feature roll-out
- Gathering data from our team and separate databases to put together a consistent, reliable and insightful analysis
- Build and maintain database analyses, using SQL, excel and other analytics tools
- Gather key stakeholders in the organisation to develop quick MVP tests to prove our hypothesis
- Run bi-weekly continuous improvement meetings where the team gathers to develop new ideas as a team
We offer a unique opportunity to truly develop your entrepreneurial skills and learn how to build a company from scratch.
Everyone on the team is super friendly and believes our team is at the core of our success - You must believe in this too. You like to ‘get shit done’ and are not afraid to upwards manage and ask for help where necessary to ensure success. You can come up with next steps and take initiative to start on them without being told exactly how to do it.
We're looking for someone with an inquisitive mind, building on their strong analytical problem solving ability. You also have/are:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and enjoy solving complex and ill-defined problems
- A real team player, who believes that together we can understand the true problems and achieve better solutions
- Love organising experiments, challenging your and other people’s assumptions based on data, and not driven by bias
- Not afraid of having to dig through separate systems, chaotic dataset to find the right information
- Are keen to learn fast and are eager to experiment with new, out of the box solutions to achieve our goals
- Great grades in your university degree (WO), and a strong preference for a background in economics, natural sciences, analytics or business
- A love for startups, a can-do attitude and lots of energy
- Not a 9-to-6 mentality, but do-whatever-it-takes mode of working
- Experience in strategy consulting, (product) analytics, or product management is a big plus, but not a requirement! We will provide training on the job
This is a part-time or full-time 6-9 month internship, perfect for your final year, between your bachelor & master or after graduation. With good performance, there is an opportunity to join permanently after in our team.
What’s in it for you?
In this internship, you will truly be able to push yourself:
- Your job is one big adventure with new challenges every day;
- You will work with the most inspiring colleagues within the industry;
- Freedom and responsibility are at the core of our company culture;
- Vibrant and international office on Prinseneiland with a south-facing canal terrace
- Friday night drinks with beers & prosecco
- Monthly team lunches where we discuss our biggest challenges and come up with innovative solutions
- Many other team events, including experienced speaker nights and demos with beer & pizza, where we share our latest work, success & achievements
- An internship remuneration of €350 - €450 (gross) a month, depending on your experience
Simply apply via our careers website: www.careers.jump.work
Or send your CV and a great motivational note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note applications via our careers website will be reviewed first, so that’s the best way to go!