WHY DO WE WANT YOU TO JOIN US?
AcademicLabs is ready to grow. A lot. Not on VC funding, but on revenue. We have a very interesting model to generate lots of revenues from the biggest corporates to universities, federations and government grants. Good news: before our product was ready, we signed up one of the leading pharmaceutical companies!
To drive our growth, we're expanding our team (3,5 FTEs) with a first commercial hire, and that's you!
You’ll be responsible for the commercialisation of AcademicLabs. So what do we expect from you?
- Prepare and execute sales and go-to-market strategy
- Direct sales to corporates, R&D SMEs, federations, universities
- Testing the waters with inside sales to SMEs before building an inside sales team
- Building strategic partnerships
- Growing the commercial team
- Lobbying at government bodies on regional and European level
LOOKS AWESOME, RIGHT? SO WHO ARE WE?
AcademicLabs aims to become the "LinkedIn" of research and R&D.
It is our mission to accelerate research and innovation worldwide, by bringing transparency in the world of research so innovative companies and academics can easily find the most suitable R&D partners.
Our platform combines an advanced search engine with a professional social network for research/R&D teams.
We are a team of former PhD researchers and experienced software engineers, and are backed by captains of industry and entrepreneurs, a.o. Former CTOs of Coca-Cola, Bekaert and Teamleader, as well as VP's at Oracle, Broadsoft, and Total.
SO, ARE YOU
* an experienced business developer/sales professional?
* an excellent communicator?
* an exceptional executor?
* a skilled negotiator with extensive experience in creatively juggling around with contract(s) (clauses)?
* widely connected in R&D and/or academia? (That would be ideal, but is not crucial.)
* fluent in multiple languages?
* experienced or highly interested in a startup and scaleup environment?
* known on how to grow and manage a sales team?
Most importantly, are you ready to jump into an incredible and challenging ride?
* The most important thing to us is working with other talented, smart people. The more diverse talent we bring together, the more we can accomplish. So hiring well is the most important thing in our universe. Everything else is subordinate to finding great people and keeping them happy.
* All else being equal, the fastest company in any market will win. We want to be fast, flexible and unquestioned world leader in 5 years.
Be at the start of and co-drive an incredible story with an enormous potential impact on the world!
We're confident we can work something out we both like and can afford. Let's be creative.
If what you know so far gets you excited, we’d love to hear from you! Talk to you soon!