You’re interested to join a little but growing international media & events company in Barcelona?
Menlo Media S.L. is the company behind EU-Startups.com (the leading online publication focusing on startups in Europe), and organizer of the annual EU-Startups Summit.
To further grow our media & events brand, we’re looking for a proactive, smart and hardworking Event and Content Ninja.
The actual/concrete job title could still be discussed, but your main tasks would be to help us sell more tickets and sponsorships for the next editions of the EU-Startups Summit. Additionally, you’ll help with event organization, potentially with the organization of seminars, creating content for our events and contributing to EU-Startups.com.
Since you’d be the 3rd full-time team member, we’re rather looking for a generalist instead of a specialist. Eventually, this entry role could lead you to become our future Editor-in-Chief, our future Head of Sales, Head of Events, or Marketing & Social Media Director – depending on our strengths, plans and dreams.
Preferably you have the following skills/experience:
- Facebook Advertising / Event Marketing (preferably with hands-on experience from other tech/startup conferences like Web Summit, TOA, 4YFN, etc.)
- Experience with Advertising & Sponsorship sales (Media or Events)
- You’re familiar with basic startup & tech terminology
- You’re capable of and interested in creating kick-ass content
- You’re a native English speaker, or you’ll at least have very good English skills. Spanish, German, or French would be a plus.
- You have basic or advanced knowledge regarding WordPress, SEO, Eventbrite, Pipedrive, MS office, Google docs,…
- You’re excited about startups, Europe’s future and tech!
Also, you should be based in Barcelona or be willing to relocate!
Please be aware, that we’re looking for a long-term engagement and we’re therefore looking for someone who’d like join our small but growing team for many years to come.
The start date would be Oct 1, Nov 1, or Dec 1. We’re looking forward to your application. Please also mention your desired salary!