We believe shared cars are a better way to move around, offering more flexibility and more convenience. We are already the #1 car rental marketplace in Europe, and we believe the adoption will be 100 times larger in just a few years. We have a lot on our plate since we are opening cars with smartphones, preventing fraud, optimising the search & booking experience, opening new countries... so we'd love for you to join and contribute!
DevOps and Reliability Engineering at Drivy encompasses the disciplines of site reliability engineering, infrastructure engineering, and developer productivity. Our team ensures that Drivy’s infrastructure is able to scale massively, while also delivering resilient systems, amazing performance, and tools that have a huge impact for our entire engineering team.
You will join our growing engineering team (17 brilliant people!) and take on many challenges, such as:
• Ensure our applications run smoothly in terms of stability, performance and monitoring.
• Write resiliency tests with Toxiproxy or other tools to implement strategies to be resilient to failure.
• Be a support for the squads: work closely with the developers to ensure they have the best possible tools to get their work done.
• Develop and enrich our growing monitoring infrastructure.
• Participate and take decisions to scale up our current stack.
• Share your knowledge through communication, documentation and talks.
• Automate (almost) everything: Infrastructure, CI, Deployment, Monitoring, and so on!
Our vision this year is to leverage fully decoupled architectures and ultimately microservices to scale with a reliable, event-driven, auto-healing infrastructure behind the scenes.
It’d be pretty cool if you have:
• Experience with relational databases (especially MySQL).
• Experience with a message queue and/or a distributed log.
• Familiarity with *NIX commands.
• Previous experience working at large scale.
• Experience designing interfaces consumed by developers and care deeply about design, reproducibility and testability
• Used Heroku in production.
• Experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails and OO principles.
• Great communication skills, and work well within a team.
• Ability to communicate in English.
Note that we aren't necessarily looking for someone with specific experience in our current tech stack: you can learn here. We are however looking for someone who is willing and able to learn fast.
You will work in the best possible conditions, with:
• A great engineering team with experience! A lot of us have been working with Rails since v1, some organize meetups and some even contributed.
• Recent and powerful hardware (that you get to choose)
• The peace of mind of our large test suite to stay sane and ship often
• An international team of great and passionate people
...and we think you'll also appreciate this:
• Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations
• A remote friendly culture, with some working from home allowed for this position
• A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
• Free non fiction books and access to our growing library
• Headquarters in the center of Paris
• Offices in Berlin, London and Barcelona
• “Tickets restaurants”, good health insurance...
• A front row seat to witness the disruption of car ownership
No need for a resume, but Linkedin, Twitter and Github usernames are appreciated!