Helix Technologies Ltd is seeking to recruit an Associate Antenna Designer to work at its offices located on the Harwell Science Campus, UK, to design antennas using
dielectric-loaded, multi-filar helix antenna technology.
Our compact, ceramic-based, helix antennas out-perform incumbent antenna technologies and are particularly suited to applications where there is a need for precise positioning, robust telecommunications links and downward pressure on device size, weight and power, for example Internet of Things (IoT), autonomous vehicles (GNSS and DSRC V2X), drone delivery platforms, personal body-worn devices and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications.
The Company is currently developing GNSS and V2X antenna products for the driverless car market. However, dielectric-loaded, multi-filar helix antenna technology lends itself to many other demanding telecommunications and GNSS-enabled applications, such as M2M, IoT and drone-delivery platforms, and we anticipate substantial interest from these market sectors in the future.
The work will primarily involve using the CST Studio Suite electro-magnetic simulation programme to design dielectric-loaded, helix antennas for telecommunications and GNSS
applications. The ideal candidate will have experience of researching electro-magnetic or antenna problems, most likely at post-graduate level, and have experience in one or more of the following areas:-
• Research experience of solving electro-magnetic science/engineering problems
• Experience of electro-magnetic simulation – preferably with the CST Microwave
Studio Suite tool-set
• Experience of antenna design using dielectric materials and antenna array design
would be advantageous
• Experience of using SolidWorks to create engineering drawings
• Good knowledge of antenna theory
• Willingness to locate to the Harwell Science Campus