The 7th edition of the EU-Startups Summit is right around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited! On the 28th-30th of April, around 1,500 founders, tech teams, angel investors, venture capital firms, corporates, accelerators, and startup mentors will come together to celebrate European entrepreneurship.
So that you can make the best of this virtual extravaganza, we’ve shuffled around the agenda into two main sections: mornings are for educational talks, and afternoons are for inspirational interviews with successful founders.
This means that every morning of the Summit will be dedicated to one of the most important things for entrepreneurs: Education. Along with inspiring words from founders, investors and interesting startup figures, and incredible networking opportunities, the EU-Startups Summit has prepared highly educational talks for you to learn about all kinds of topics.
The best part of it? With our educational talks, you’ll get to learn from the most interesting minds of the ecosystem from the comfort of your own home. More than that, you’ll find yourself learning about a wide variety of topics: from go-to-market to fundraising, valuation, talent, growth, community, and many more.
We’re thrilled to give you a sneak peek of this year’s selection of educational content:
Interested in fundraising?
At the Summit, we’ll be diving into the different finance opportunities available for founders, including how to prepare for rounds, valuating your startup, how to pitch online during the pandemic, and why crowdfunding is a tool to increase female representation in the VC and startup ecosystem.
- Housfy’s Founder & CEO – Albert Bosch – How to prepare a Series A funding round
- Venture hub’s Co-founder & IESE lecturer – Mathieu Carenzo – Startup Valuation for dummies
- All Turtles’ Founder & CEO (ex-founder & CEO Evernote) – Phil Libin – Make an impression: Virtual pitching that doesn’t suck
- Crowdcube’s Country Manager – Azahara Espejo – Equity Crowdfunding: A tool to increase female representation
Growth, growth & more growth!
If you’re on the path to scale up your startup, then these are the right workshops to join! We’ll be hearing from some of Europe’s most successful founders about how they put their teams on a rocket for growth, including leveraging partnerships, testing scale-up methodologies, and much more.
- Freepik’s CEO – Joaquín Cuenca – From bootstrapping to record-breaking exits
- Payflow’s Co-Founders – Benoit Menardo & Avinash Sukhwani – Hypergrowth in a crisis – Turn difficulty into opportunity
- Rentals United’s Co-founder & CEO – James Burrows – Leveraging partnerships to build a multi-million euro SaaS business
- Platform.sh’ Co-founder & CEO – Frederic Plais – 10 things I learned scaling a company from 0 to $30M in ARR
- Scaleup Valley’s Co-founder & CEO – Mike Dias – Putting scale-up methodology to the test
- BOOM’s CEO – Federico Mattia Dolci – Want to thrive? Move fast and build things
- ClickMechanic’s Co-founder – Andrew Jervis – How an experiment-driven philosophy is key for your startup
Leaders21com’s Founder & CEO – (ex-CEO & Co-founder Runtastic) Florian Gschwandtner – Fireside chat
Go-to-market, finances & strategy
One important element for any startup is your sales and go-to-market strategy. Whether you’re sticking to dominating your home market for now, or looking to expand to sell across borders, we’ve got some great educational talks for you, coming straight from Europe’s experts.
- Good Monday’s Founder & CEO – Mik Strøyberg – How to expand into new markets with success
- Shareworks – Ayaz Quraishi – Fireside chat about Equity Plan ManagementBlockStart – Workshop – Insights from the BlockStart project
- Raisin’s VP Europe – Katharina Lueth – How to scale startups across Europe: one market and many markets
- Silicon Castles’ Founder & CEO – Andreas Spechtler – Rocket your sales (no matter your startup stage)
Piabo’s Founder & CEO – Tilo Bonow – The dos and don’ts of storytelling and PR
Ciklum’s Head Of Growth – Tom Hedley – Bend don’t Break: How variable cost structures shaped the winners of the pandemic
Talent, people & culture
A startup is nothing without its team and affiliate customers. This is why we’ve gathered together some of the sharpest minds in Europe on this topic to give you insider tips on how to get and keep top talent, putting trust in your employees and affiliates, and enabling an environment of growth in your culture.
- Wise’s Global Head – Abid Mumtaz – Why you should make your customers your consultants
- Ethan Partners’ Co-founder – Ann-Christine Roope – How to get (and keep) top talent for your startup
- Spendesk’s Founder & CEO – Rodolphe Ardant – Why you grow faster if you trust your employees
- Techbuddy’s Founder & CEO – Tahero Nori – Building a Community in the Gig Economy
- Scede’s Founder & CEO – Matthew Ellis – A Founder’s Guide: Enabling a Culture of Talent
One thing we’re all looking to at this time is the future. The past year has been a tough one, and we’re wondering: what changes from the pandemic will stick, and what technologies should we keep our eye on? From femtech to AI, social impact to edtech, these are the aspects we’ll be keeping our eye on.
- GoStudent’ CEO – Felix Ohswald – How AI will transform digital education and enable the ideal learning environment
- Maki.vc’s Investment Director – Pauliina Martikainen – These are the FemTech trends to watch in 2021
- Freeda Media’s CEO – Andrea Scotti Calderini – How new generations consume media & important issues
- Katalista Ventures’ Co-founder & CEO – Greta Monstavice – So you want to make a “positive impact” part of your business model?
To find out more about the Summit’s morning educational talks, and afternoon inspirational content, check out the full agenda here.
Join the EU-Startups Summit
If you haven’t got your ticket yet and would like to expand your knowledge and learn from great minds speaking at the EU-Startups Summit, make sure to secure your ticket now!
More info can also be found here (the page will be updated on a weekly basis). We look forward to seeing you online!
Our Event Sponsors
Shareworks by Morgan Stanley provides innovative and intuitive equity solutions that help private and public companies realize the full potential of equity compensation. With flexible solutions to manage your plans your way, insightful reporting that makes informed decisions easy and simple-to-use applications no matter where in the world they’re used, we help your workforce feel more connected. Build a culture of ownership and get started now.
Catalonia Trade & Investment is the public agency that works to attract foreign investment to Catalonia, promoting the area as attractive, innovative and competitive business location. Check their offerings and the Catalonia Startup Directory.
Spaces offers creative working environments with a unique entrepreneurial spirit and a great community. Add an international network of mobile workspaces and a full calendar of business events and networking lunches, and you’ll see just how Spaces keeps you engaged and open to new possibilities. Originating in Amsterdam, Spaces wants to redefine the way work is done.
Sendbird is a leading mobile engagement API platform trusted by brands like Reddit, Delivery Hero, Carousell, Headspace, and Hinge to easily embed real-time chat, voice, and video into their apps and websites. Sendbird makes real-time interactions available through easy-to-access APIs on top of a fully managed platform.