CLAIRE is an Artificial Intelligence-based APPs platform that will help Eye Care Professionals (ECPs) to minimize errors, increase their clinical portfolio and their patients' satisfaction when managing specialty contact lenses (CLs). We produce web aplications for several specialty contact lens brands available in the market.
Research has shown that ECP’s consider specialty CL management as being time-consuming (88%) and technically difficult (84%), which results in many lens changes (58%) leading to decreasing patient compliance. On top of that, 57% of inquired ECP’s do contact their supplier’s technical support on a regular basis.
- Our customers are the Eye Care Professionals (Ophthalmologists, Optometrists, Opticians) and the market potential is more than 11 million prescribed contact lenses per year
- We invest in more productive ways to accelerate app production and new product development.
- We charge up to 5,00 € per calculated lens to the eye care professionals.
- We negotiate advertising plans with the major players in the market
- Contact lens app production service (tailor made)
Customer acquisition strategy:
- We use the manufacturers or the distributors sales force when they use our apps as a marketing tool
- We engage additional customers during international events and meetings when exhibiting with our booth
- Social media and related publications advertising
- Main costs are professional services (91%), Cost of Acquisition (7%) and Rent and Overheads (2%).
- Both founders have an extensive experience in the area! Rafael was the head of the technical support dept. of a contact lens manufacturer in Madrid. He was facing some challenges as his team was spending too much time with tech support leading to a strong decrease in efficiency and profitability. From Luis’ side, as a CL distributor, his customers often complained about the time they waste while fitting specialty contact lenses, which greatly limits his company's sales growth.
- CLAIRE solutions will increase patient's compliance due to less lens changes.
- There is no need to return often to the physician’s office for additional lens changes.
- It will reduce travel within cities, pollution, absences from work and stress.
- Lens changes: - 60% // First fit calculation success rate: 77% // Success on renewals: 100% // LENS Exchange ratio: 1,258 // (18 months evaluation using our MVP)
Articles about CLAIRE:
- September 28, 2022 Circular biomaterials company one • fıve raises €10.5 million to future-proof global packaging
- March 14, 2022 Brittany-based biotech startup SeaBeLife picks up €1.4 million
- March 10, 2022 German fintech startup Konvi raises over €814k to make alternative assets accessible
- November 12, 2021 Framework’s vision of a business school for the startup generation gets €1.7 million kickstart
- August 25, 2021 Edinburgh-based Reath nabs €365K to pioneer an Open Data Standard on reusable packaging
- April 30, 2021 Weekly VC Overview: All 80+ European startup funding rounds we tracked this week (26-30 April 2021)
- April 23, 2021 Ghent-based Invibes Advertising lands €5 million for its in-feed advertising tech
- March 12, 2021 London-based Legl lands €5.8 million to take its SaaS platform to new markets
- March 8, 2021 TOP 50: Europe’s most influential women in the startup and venture capital space
- September 24, 2020 Belgian startup Tribu News raises €700K to grow its charming photo album for grandparents subscription
- April 8, 2020 TOP 50: Europe’s most influential women in the startup and venture capital space
- November 27, 2019 London-based Trouva raises €19.8 million to further expand its unique object curation business across Europe
- September 2, 2019 In October, SaaStock will bring together companies accounting for half the global revenue of the industry (Sponsored)
- May 28, 2019 Belgian photography booking platform Utopix raises more than €730k to expand throughout Europe
- May 20, 2019 Rinri Therapeutics raises €1.6 million seed to reverse hearing loss through stem cell technology
- April 18, 2019 Belgian smart parking startup Commuty raises €500k to promote green mobility in the workplace
- December 6, 2017 Top 40: Business Angels that are rocking Europe and help startups grow