Startup founders and executives face unique challenges as they grow their businesses. From defining their first product and business model, to pitching to investors, signing the first customer and building up a strong sales network, they are under constant pressure to avoid mistakes.
To increase startups’ market-knowledge and commercial expertise, Andreas Spechtler (former President of Dolby International) and Baba Shiv (a leading marketing professors from the Stanford Graduate School of Business), created the Startup Executive Academy (SEA) in 2017.
SEA is a 6-day ‘Go-To-Market’ crash course, packed with invaluable information that drills down to the essential skills and knowledge that every startup executive needs to create a successful, thriving business. Whether a first time early-stage founder, or a founder in scale-up mode, participants will take away immediately actionable learnings and ideas.
The Startup Executive Academy 2020 edition will take place from Sunday 28 June – Friday 3 July, in the beautiful Castle Urstein, in Salzburg, Austria.
The first 5 days will be spent in small class sizes of around 20 participants, diving into a detailed ‘Go-To-Market’ focused curriculum. By joining, you will get:
- Sales in Focus: A full day focused on how to sell, how to negotiate, and how to go international.
- The Art of Meditation: Learn to harness the power of your mind and focus your path to success through meditation. Daily sessions led by a Buddhist monk.
- Executive Challenge: Present your company on the penultimate day to get constructive feedback from business angels, venture capitalists, and executives
- One-to-one time: Sit with world class faculty members to get personalised, actionable plans that directly impact your businesses on back in the office
- Access to experts: Learn from managers and entrepreneurs from Google, Dolby, Sony, LG, Intel, Electronic Arts, Napster, Huawei, Spencer Stuart, PWC, McKinsey, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, The Salzburg Festival, Karajan Institute, Dolby Family Ventures
- Circle Day: On the last day meet +40 alumni from the three previous Startup Executive Academies, get creative in workshops and share your high and low lights
What participants said
“This has been completely life changing for my business.” –Zeynep Demirbilek, of Service Club, Spain
“I was blown away by Professor Baba Shiv and the intensity of the Startup Executive Academy programme. I have received so much new input that changed my mind and helped me to gain a different view on many aspects of my company” – Ralph Hünermann, of Odoscope, Germany
A long-term, engaged network
Each year, some of the most impactful takeaways come from fellow participants, who are overcoming similar obstacles. Breakout sessions, group dinners, and morning runs spark inspiration and supportive connections that last far beyond the final day of the Academy.
After the programme, participants are invited to join the ‘SEA Circle’, an engaged network of startup executives. Continue to tackle burning questions and offer each other real-life solutions via live video forums led by faculty members.
Are you ready to invest in your success?
Learn more here and apply before 29 February for Early Bird registration!