Lausanne, SWITZERLAND, and Boston, US – October 1, 2020: SOPHiA GENETICS, global leader in Data-Driven Medicine, announced today the closing of a $110 million financing round to enter into the next stage of its expansion, with a focus on supporting the growing clinical and biopharma demand for Data-Driven Medicine worldwide.
This Series F round was led by aMoon, a leading health-tech & life sciences venture fund based in Israel, and Hitachi Ventures, a venture arm of Japanese Hitachi Group. The company also received the trust of prime financial institutions Credit Suisse and the Pictet group. Existing investors Swisscom Ventures, Endeavour Vision, Generation Investment Management, Alychlo, and Eurazeo Growth participated in the round, as well as newcomers ACE & Company and Famille C Invest.
Having established the world’s largest Data-Driven Medicine community network through its universal and collaborative AI platform, SOPHiA GENETICS supports healthcare professionals by translating multiple sources of complex medical data into valuable clinical insights. The SOPHiA Platform is used by over 1’000 healthcare institutions and has analyzed 600’000 genomic profiles; up to 17’000 new profiles a month. Through continual learning and network effects, experts worldwide are empowered to act with confidence for better patient management.
The new funding round will boost the company’s penetration in both the US and Asian markets. Proceeds will also be dedicated to increasing the platform multimodal capabilities and its adoption by healthcare institutions worldwide. Leveraging this momentum, SOPHiA GENETICS will be best positioned to power biopharma’s effort to optimize and accelerate the development of new targeted therapies.
Articles about Sophia Genetics:
- April 23, 2021 Endeavour Vision closes new fund at over €311 million to invest in healthtech across Europe & the US
- October 9, 2020 Weekly VC Overview: All 69 European funding rounds we tracked this week (Oct. 5-9, 2020)
- October 2, 2020 Weekly VC Overview: All 74 European funding rounds we tracked this week (Sept. 28 – Oct. 2, 2020)
- May 21, 2019 London and SF-based Generation closes $1 billion fund to invest in startups innovating for a sustainable future
- November 27, 2017 Balderton Capital doubles-down on Europe with new $375 million fund to invest in Series A-stage tech companies