On April 20-21 we’ll be hosting this year’s EU-Startups Summit in Barcelona! Our annual flagship event will gather over 2,000 founders, startup enthusiasts and investors for two exciting days of networking, inspiration and learning.
Our jam-packed agenda will feature some of Europe’s most successful entrepreneurs of our time. We’ll have two stages, great networking opportunities, insightful workshops, a buzzing exhibition hall, and a super exciting Pitch Competition featuring 15 of Europe’s most promising early-stage startups!
The goal of our annual Pitch Competition is to showcase Europe’s very best seed and pre-seed startups out there! The application phase is now open and will close on February 19th. Apply here today!
The Prize Package
The 15 finalists who will join us on the main stage at this year’s EU-Startups Summit will be announced at the end of February.
The Prize Package for the winning startup will be worth more than €160k in total. Here are the prize package items we can already confirm today:
- €50k investment proposal by APX (after a quick due diligence process). APX is Europe’s leading earliest-stage VC, backed by Axel Springer and Porsche, and supports and partners with the most ambitious pre-seed startups from Europe and beyond – often as their first investor.
- €50k funding opportunity with Look AI Ventures: The finalist will get fast-tracked and invited to pitch directly in front of Look AI Ventures‘ investment committee. After standard due diligence and green light from the commitee, there will be a funding opportunity of €50k (potentially up to €250k).
- €36k of Scaleway cloud credits as part of their Growth Stage Startup Program. The Scaleway cloud credits will be given in 12 x €3k monthly installments.
- €9.9k in credits for an explainer video maker account of simpleshow. This enterprise license corresponds to 1 year and includes up to 5 users, and it contains all customization features and access to all the assets on the platform.
- 1 year of Pipedrive (Sales CRM) – professional package of Pipedrive for 10 team members (value: ~€6k).
- €3k in credits for the cloud communications platform Vonage, which allows startups to integrate voice, video and messaging into their applications.
- 3 year CLUB membership and an exhibition table at the EU-Startups Summit 2023, including 3 event tickets (total package value: ~€5k)
- 1 year Guru Plan for SEMrush worth €2.2k, which gives you access to their SEO and online visibility management SaaS platform.
The selected teams will get a lot of valuable feedback from a jury of well-known venture capital investors. This year’s judging panel includes Henric Hungerhoff (APX), Borja Breña (Nauta Capital), Lina Chong (Target Global), and Angelo Burgarello (Look AI Ventures).
Aside of the VC jury, we’ll have over 350 other investors (VCs, accelerators, business angels) who will participate in this year’s EU-Startups Summit. Many of those will follow the pitch competition and all our participants can do active networking with them during the event.
How to apply
If you’d like to pitch your startup on the main stage at the 2023 edition of the EU-Startups Summit, you can apply here today. Applications close on February 19th!
The process: After applying via the above mentioned link, we will carefully sift through all of the applications and hand-pick the 15 finalists who will join us on the main stage at this year’s EU-Startups Summit on April 20-21 in Barcelona, where they will pitch for 3 minutes in front of our jury and a huge audience of investors, media, and startup enthusiasts.
Precondition: Your startup should be in pre-seed or seed stage, not older than 2 ½ years, should have raised no venture capital yet (or less than €500K) and has to be based in Europe (EU plus UK, Norway, Switzerland, etc.).
Timings & Tickets: The EU-Startups Summit will take place on April 20-21 in beautiful Barcelona. In addition to the Pitch Competition, there will also be many more highlights, which we are now announcing on a weekly basis. Tickets are available here.