The European startup ecosystem is full of interesting and exciting news, twists and turns. At EU-Startups, our aim is to keep you informed on everything that’s going on and share the inspiring entrepreneurial spirit this continent has to offer. From big funding announcements, soonicorns picking up pace, to new partnerships and launches – it’s never a dull day!
So, here is your weekly round-up of interesting startup news from across the continent – everything that we tracked and wanted to share with you (July 18-25). What does a micro-mobility startup and dating app have in common? Read on to find out.
- Demium Capital launched a new fund to promote high-tech innovative startups in Central Europe – Demium Central Europe Talent Fund I FCRE. It has launched with an initial closure of €7-9 million and expects a 2nd closure of €30-40 million in September
- Recognise the Music, a new initiative to drive fairer, more accurate royalty payments for artists and songwriters launched in partnership with major industry players & governing bodies the Music Venue Trust (MVT), British music tech start-up Audoo, the Featured Artists Coalition (FAC), Association of Independent Music (AIM) and Music Managers Forum (MMF)
- Whoosh, the new kick-sharing service, arrived in Lisbon. About 2000 escooters are now taking the city’s streets with virtual parking throughout the city.
- London’s Plutus visa debit reward card, which offers 3-8% in crypto cashback and special perks, has announced plans to launch in the US neo-banking sector
- WeDoSolar, a Berlin-based vertical solar solution startup, helps reduce electricity bills by up to 25% per year, received 1500 orders – the startup only launched in February 2022 and has been growing fast in its mission to strengthen Europe’s energy independence
- Manchester-based BankiFi expands to the USA. The aim is to enhance SME experiences with automated integration, digital workflows and improved insights.
- GP Bullhound opens BULLHUB in Malaga – a specialist centre of technological excellence opening in Malaga.
Partnerships & Acquisitions
- Berlin-based Fintech Kadmos announced a partnership with Columbia Shipmanagement (CSM) to automate and digitalize its seafarer’ salary payouts – fresh off the back of a €29 million Series A funding round
- Payzone partnered with Jisp to launch nationwide connected shopping services – allowing retailers to offer integrated home delivery, click and collect, Scan and Save and store-specific loyalty services, in addition to accessing brand rewards and content.
- UK-based Deep Planet is announcing a partnership with EIT Food and Bernard Magrez to demonstrate the impacts of its AI climate adaptation solution for winegrowers and vineyards
- HumanForest announced a partnership with dating app Bumble to encourage people to get out and about on ebikes – a new romantic date idea?
- Italian startup Askdata was acquired by SAP, contributing to a next-generation analytics experience
- NFTboxes and NFT ambassador Pranksy have together launched NFT Vault – a world-first NFT protection service – in collaboration with Coincover.
- Zimpler, a leading fintech company born in Sweden expanded in Norway. It’s now present in Sweden, Finland, Germany, Estonia, The Netherlands, Latvia and Lithuania
- British quantum computer developer ORCA Computing has been chosen to partner with Quantum Machines, an Israeli company, to establish the newly announced Israeli Quantum Computing Centre.
- Fairown, a fintech company powering the circular economy by helping banks, brands and retailers offer products as a service, won n the ‘Subscriptions Product Development’ category at the Asset Finance Connect Summer Awards 2022.
- Phos, the fintech behind the leading software-only Point of Sale system (SoftPoS), has become the first solution provider to meet a new Visa requirement with its Software Development Kit (SDK).
- Covision Quality announced it has joined NVIDIA Metropolis – the ecosystem that is making it easier and more cost-effective for enterprises, governments, and integration partners to use world-class AI-enabled solutions to improve critical operational efficiency and solve safety problems.
Did we miss anything? Let us know!