The 20 finalists nominated for the EIT Digital Challenge 2020 are covering a wide variety of topics within the EIT Digital focus areas: Digital Finance, Digital Tech, Digital Wellbeing, Digital Cities, and Digital Industry. All of the selected finalists are on track for fast growth and are contributing to building a strong digital Europe.
The EIT Digital Challenge takes place for the 7th consecutive year and focuses on “deep tech” digital scaleups with a differentiating product offering, leveraging sophisticated, hard-to-reproduce digital technologies that fuel the digital transformation. The finalists were chosen out of 403 applicants and come from 11 different European countries. On average, they reached a revenue of €1.5 million in 2019, have already received €5.6 million in funding and employ 31 people.
The winners will be chosen in a final event held online on November 12, where the finalists will pitch in front of a jury of experts and compete for prizes worth €350,000.
The prize package includes a full year support by the EIT Digital Accelerator, worth €50,000, for the five best companies, which will help the scaleups growing their businesses in Europe and beyond. The EIT Digital Accelerator will support the EIT Digital Challenge winners in scaling up their business in Europe by helping them secure international customers in target markets and raise growth funding. In addition to that, the first prize winner will receive a cash prize of €100,000.
The exclusive final event of EIT Digital Challenge is a unique opportunity to connect to the most prominent European tech scaleups, innovation stakeholders, investors, industry representatives. During the event, participants will be able to arrange business meetings with the finalists and other prominent scaleups from EIT Digital ecosystem via our online matchmaking platform.
The event is by invitation only, if you are a stakeholder of the digital innovation ecosystem (corporates, investors, journalists and EU institutions) and you would like to join the event please apply here.
The 20 finalists are:
- Building Radar (UK) – Multisource data collection and AI powered platform to enable transparency about deal opportunities for construction industry in cities
- CitySwift (IR) – Data-driven scheduling and planning technology for public transport companies
- Deepomatic (FR) – A no-code visual automation platform to support field operations with computer vision applications
- Financial Network Analytics (UK) – AI-powered multisource data aggregation to provide visibility and what-if analysis for optimization of everyday liquidity management.
- Icometrix (BE) – Helps effectively quantify brain abnormalities through AI-powered imaging solution
- Inxpect (IT) – 3D safety radar for robotics and industrial automation
- PXL Vision (CH) – PXL is a technology platform for secure and automated identity verification and the creation of trustable digital identities
- Roboze (IT) – Designing and manufacturing 3D printers and digital services for extreme applications
- Runecast Solutions (UK) – Automated Hybrid Cloud insights for mission-critical configuration & security compliance
- Scantrust (CH) – Connected goods platform that binds physical goods with online identities for active brand protection, supply chain awareness, and consumer engagement
- SentiOne (PL) – Omnichannel social listening and customer service automation platform
- Squirro (CH) – Enables organizations to transform enterprise data into AI-driven insights
- SwipeGuide (NL) – Intelligent work instructions and procedures via augmented apps to improve productivity on factory floor
- TakeTask (PL) – Mobile application used by organisations to assign, execute and verify tasks on a large scale in many locations simultaneously for any industry
- Targomo (DE) – Location intelligence solution to optimise retail networks, deliver better public services, and improve real estate searches
- TRIBVN Healthcare (FR) – AI-powered solution that allows pathologist to better manage and analyse cell and tissue images to improve cancer diagnosis
- Ultimate.ai (FI) – AI powered platform to scale and optimize customer service operations
- Unmanned Life (UK) – Machine-to-Machine platform to enable Autonomy-as-a-Service to deploy and manage autonomous robotic devices for Smart Cities and Industry 4.0
- Vårdinnovation (SE) – Medical device software that through multi-sensor data collection and tasks automation helps optimise healthcare system efficiency
- Wishibam (FR) – Enables the creation of scalable marketplaces based on real-time store inventory
If you’d like to learn more about those scaleups and would like to join the upcoming event, please feel free to apply here. The event is by invitation only, and focused on stakeholders of the digital innovation ecosystem (corporates, investors, journalists and EU institutions).