Sure, we’ll have some exciting speakers and an electrifying pitch competition, but what makes a startup event exceptionally good, are the people you meet and connect with. We’ll have about 200 of them. Below you’ll find a short intro to 25 awesome people you’ll meet at this year’s EU-Startups Conference on June 24th in Berlin.
- Fabian Leipelt is Associate at WestTech Ventures as well as Program Manager at the accelerator program Project Flying Elephant.
- Mathias Ockenfels is a Pricipal at Point Nine Capital – an early-stage venture capital firm primarily focused on SaaS and online marketplaces.
- Chiara Sommer is an Investment Manager at High-Tech Gründerfonds (HTGF) – the most active European investor in tech startups.
- Steli Efti is the CEO of Close.io, an inside sales CRM which lets you make calls with one click, send emails automatically, and which conveniently tracks all sales activity.
- Johannes Reck is the Co-Founder and CEO of GetYourGuide. Founded in 2009, GetYourGuide today is one of the world’s most successful online travel startups.
- Fabian Siegel is the Founder and Managing Director of Marley Spoon a subscription service which makes it really easy for you to cook a delicious meal at home
- Carlos Silva is is the Co-Founder, President and Head of Seedrs Europe – one of Europe’s leading equity-based crowdfunding websites.
- Jaap Dekter is the founder and CEO of HelpTheCrowd. The Amsterdam-based company helps investors and entrepreneurs with data on (equity) crowdfunding.
- Robert Frackowiak is the Head of Investment Management at Companisto – one of Europe’s leading equity-based crowdfunding websites.
- José Zurstrassen is the Executive Chairman of MyMicroInvest – a platform which uses crowdfunding techniques to allow individuals to invest alongside professionals.
- Talal Ahmad Gondal previously worked as an Investment Manager for Edison VC. Now he founded is own company called Scalebridge Partners.
- Eloi Gómez Cal is the co-founder and CEO of Mr. Jeff. The Spanish startup aims to revolutionize the laundry and dry clean sector.
- Marc Frey is a business activist and co-founder of S1implify – a crossbreed between innovation consultancy and business model design firm.
- Marius Sewing is the CEO in Residence of Microsoft Ventures – a global initiative empowering entrepreneurs on their journey to build great companies.
- Péter Kovács is the co-founder of IseeQ, the Central European Startup Awards, xLabs, and he is part of the editorial team of EU-Startups.com.
- Philipp Medrow is Director of PwC’s Assurance Audit practice in Berlin. PwC has a start-up team that is particularly familiar with your company’s needs and challenges.
- Walter Lorz is the COO and Head of Expertise at OB//CC – a German full-service web-agency.
- Tarmo Virki is the editor of the startup blog ArcticStartup and co-founder of “CoFounder” – the coolest print magazin for the European startup landscape.
- Dominik Krabbe is the lead of EIT Digital Challenge – the renowned startup competition of EIT Digital.
- Thomas Ohr (that’s me) is the founder and editor of EU-Startups.com, one of the leading startup publications in Europe.
- André Vollbracht is the founder of VentureTV – a web TV show which interviews tech entrepreneurs (mainly from Germany).
- Mateusz Ciasnocha is the Head of External Relations of Oxford Entrepreneurs – the largest student society promoting entrepreneurship in the world.
- Francesco Cetraro is the Head of Registry Operations for the .cloud domain extension. Within 3 month over 50,000 .cloud domains have already been registered.
- David Meyer is a technology writer who previously wrote for Politico, Gigaom and ZDNet, as well as for the BBC, the Guardian, Mobile Europe and Total Telecom.
- Stephan Dörner is a technology reporter at the WeltN24 GmbH, which publishes DIE WELT, WELT AM SONNTAG and the TV channel N24.
Aside of the people listed above, you’l obviously meet a ton of startup founders. 15 of them will introduce their company on stage during our pitch competition. An overview regarding this year’s attendees can be found here. Visit our event’s page for more info about the EU-Startups Conference 2016. Join us on June 24th at the Microsoft Atrium Berlin. Secure your ticket now!
Our Event Sponsors
The .cloud domain extension offers new opportunities for businesses, individuals, innovators to leverage the power of this universal term to express themselves and tell their story to the world. Over 50000 .CLOUD domains have already been registered by companies of all sizes and individuals from over 130 countries. Whether you are a startup building the next big thing, a hoster or a consultant looking for a better way to advertise your cloud offering, or looking for a catchy name for your webshop or your personal blog (or you are just having a laugh), there is a great .cloud domain waiting for you!
With PwC your start-up takes center stage! Implementing your own ideas and successfully building your own company is a unique challenge. Make your vision a reality with the right partner by your side. PwC has the right experts in the fields of assurance, advisory and tax & legal both nationally and internationally (776 locations with 185,000 employees across 157 countries). PwC Berlin has a start-up team that is particularly familiar with your company’s needs and challenges.
EIT Digital is a leading European digital innovation and entrepreneurial education organisation driving Europe’s digital transformation. Through its Accelerator, EIT Digital supports European startups to scale up internationally by providing them with access to new markets and new customers, as well as access to finance – a process enabled by EIT Digital’s pan-European network of top corporations, SMEs, universities, research institutes and investors. Until July 15, 2016, startups can apply for the EIT Digital Challenge and win access to this unique network, as well as €50,000 in cash.
99designs is the world’s largest on-demand design marketplace, connecting a global community of freelance designers with businesses of all sizes to complete their design needs. Created by designers for designers, 99designs began with a group of designers who were competing together to create the best designs. In 2008, that friendly competition grew into a unique design marketplace that has now become the world leader in online graphic design. 99designs connects more than one million talented freelance designers with creative people, genius entrepreneurs and savvy businesses.
Hiscox is a leading specialist insurer and offers tailored insurance cover for sole traders, freelancers or contractors, as well as small business owners. Hiscox provides market-leading products, such as professional indemnity for the specific business needs in IT, marketing and advertising, recruitment and management consultancy, which all can be easily bought online. Often, self-employed freelancer and startups are not sure what kind of risks they might face, and what cover they need. Hiscox does its best to explain what the different insurance policies can cover and provides excellent service to its clients.