Attending the right events can help young entrepreneurs to find future employees, co-founders, business partners and sometimes even investors who are willing to fund their dreams.
Within the next 3 months there will be lots of events happening across Europe, but here are the eight events that we think you should know about (Update – February 2023: Some of these startup events seem to be no longer in business and we therefore deactivated the links):
- Startuplive.Split: A startup focused event in Split, where people from different backgrounds come together to present ideas, listen to new thoughts, work their asses off and get to know each other.
When: 1-3 June
Where: Split, Croatia
- Social Entrepreneurship Conference: The student initiative ‘[email protected]’, from the Leipzig Graduate School of Management (HHL), is organizing the Accelerate Conference on Social Entrepreneurship.
When: 12 May
Where: Leipzig (Germany)
- Startup Monthly Vilnius: A Lithuanian tech startup conference for “the most promising entrepreneurs in the Baltics and Scandinavia”. Startup Monthly is a Silicon Valley-based organization that aims to help entrepreneurs around the world to create, quickly innovate, and grow tech startups.
When: 13 -15 April
Where: Vilnius, Lithuania
- TheNextWeb: One of the biggest tech conferences in Europe, with 1,800 people expected, and well-known speakers such as Kevin Rose, Chad Hurley, the co-founders of AirBnB and Reddit, and many more. TheNextWeb is the perfect conference for networking, parties and deal-making.
When: 25-27 April
Where: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- LeWeb London: LeWeb is probably Europe’s biggest internet-focused conference. In the last years the event was held in Paris, once a year. LeWeb London is their attempt to establish a summer event aside of LeWeb Paris, which is held in the winter. Expect great speakers and a cool venue.
When: 19-20 June
Where: London, UK
- Web2day Nantes: An international 2-day conference taking place in Nantes. The event is hosting a startup contest and you’ll also learn something from the wide range of great speakers. Web2day is fully organized by Atlantic 2.0, a cluster of 200 companies in the digital industry of western France.
When: 31 May – 1 June
Where: Nantes, France
- Start-up Day 2012: The Start-up Day is a great meeting place for students, entrepreneurs and investors on the lookout for interesting projects and people to follow. The organizer Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship (SSES) expects awesome speakers and over 500 participants.
When: 21 April
Where: Stockholm, Sweden
- Webinale: The Berlin-based event with the claim “the holistic web conference” offers you the opportunity to network, and the possibility to learn some practical tips from great speakers and panel discussions.
When: 5-6 June
Where: Berlin, Germany
Speaking of events, do you have your ticket yet for the upcoming EU-Startups Summit?