We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that, since its creation in early 2015, has raised over $30M from world-class investors in some of the most disruptive companies in tech industry including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero. Our team is made up of A-players from the top companies in the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market where over $1.25 trillion is spent each year. In 2017 we grew 1200%, and were named the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#4 in the world) by SaaS1000, and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We’re looking for a hungry, dependable, ethical, hands-on, and user-centric Vice President of Product to take on the overall responsibility for the TravelPerk platform and products.
As a strong, seasoned Vice President of Product, you will evolve and continuously optimize the consumer, supplier and internal products. You understand the importance of a strong product culture, and you are able to offer real examples from your own experiences so as to develop concrete plans for instilling this philosophy in our company.
You will be the right person if you lead with a customer-first mindset, understand what great products look like, able to develop a product roadmap that supports our business strategy, and have the ability to leverage strong process and project management skills to envision and manage a product lifecycle from idea inception, go-to-market, and retention and loyalty.
If this sounds like you, we need to talk.
Beyond the requirements listed below, you must possess both a proven track record and a genuine hunger to scale, lead, and develop high-performing product teams by being a role model who leads by example, so be ready to roll-up your sleeves!
What will you do:
Assume end-to-end ownership of the product roadmap
- Build, execute and measure the roadmap of product features while A/B testing at scale.
- Make sure that prioritization is done correctly, and that our throughput keeps increasing while our quality standards are maintained.
- Hire, onboard, train, and develop at an exceptional level.
- Ensure effective coaching, mentoring and further development of your team.
- Day to day management of the product teams, ensuring effective prioritization according to strategy.
- Build and execute a team development plan, owning the employee life cycle of the product teams.
- Increase performance and satisfaction of your team members.
What you need to have (a reference check will be done at the end of the process):
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management as a Director of Product, VP Product, or CPO, with an international, well-known, fast-growing, successful software company, ideally developing B2B, SaaS products.
- Proven strong team management experience >20 FTEs including being a manager of managers. You know what it takes to be a top-performer, and are able to coach, mentor and develop other top performers.
- Having been a successful Product Owner or Product Manager in the past, you are obsessed with processes, Agile/Scrum techniques, and are a role model in best practices.
- Great communication skills in English: You can clearly explain (verbally and in writing) the connections between larger business goals/mission and Product goals to any type of stakeholder.
- An extremely Analytical & Data-Driven DNA -> Among others, you have:
- A strong affinity for stats and analytics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to talk in numbers, and only use opinions when the search for data yields no results.
- A clear knowledge of the ins and outs of your Product KPIs, always have the numbers at your fingertips and enjoy analyzing performance through data.
- An expert at using MS Excel and Product Development tools.
- Strong passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver great solutions. A track-record for building software that is both efficient and effective with exceptional, high-quality user experiences.
- Excellent strategic thinking and prioritization skills. Ability to create a winning roadmap to achieve business goals while making difficult trade-off decisions.
- Experience with defining, designing, implementing, and managing various product management and development methodologies.
- Ability to develop and cultivate a dynamic, progressive, and technologically advanced organization.
- Master’s in Business or Computer Science preferred (or equivalent experience). Engineering background is a strong advantage but not a must.
- Very well organized -> You excel at taking a big idea and breaking it down into actionable projects, processes, and tasks to execute on. You have great prioritization and focusing skills, and you believe in 80/20.
- You are Accountable and Pragmatic: You always deliver with a startup mindset, which means you can think and produce quickly. Collaboration comes naturally to you, and you are capable of driving towards quick wins and last minute opportunities.
- Strong sense of ownership -> You always assume responsibility and commitment to tight, challenging deadlines.
- Resilient -> You have strong character, perseverance, and grit. But you always remain humble and ready to give and receive feedback, accepting them as opportunities to grow or help others do so.
- Competitive nature -> You are results-driven, motivated by challenges, and an overachiever in everything you do. You have a winner’s mentality.
- Strong executor -> You have the talent for simplifying complex ideas and making them happen. You don't get overwhelmed easily or get stuck in planning mode.
- Team Player -> Whatever the problem, you are always part of the solution.
- Technically capable -> You have a passion for technology, data, process, and problem-solving. You quickly understand how to use, set-up and integrate a wide array of technologies independently.
- Inspired -> You are passionate and can inspire others. The idea of learning how to grow a company excites you, and you are ready to roll up your sleeves to make that happen.
- Independent -> You don't need hand-holding to get things done.
- Comfortable working outside of the comfort zone, if you have to.
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and don’t get lost in less important ideas that are floating around.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- “Flexible compensation plan” to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff provided.
-This position requires you to be based in Barcelona. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world.
-English is the official language at the office.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.