Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence.
We are currently seeking research participants for an in-car project that we are running out of our office in Farmington Hills, MI. Participants will be driven in Appen vehicles by Appen employees while being recorded in a variety of acoustic environments.
The audio data collected in this project will be used to test the accuracy of in-car speech recognition systems.
In order to be eligible for this project, you must:
- Be a native speaker of US or Canadian English (must be within the following accent groups)
- Hispanic (Native Bilingual in English and Spanish)
- North Central - e.g., Minneapolis, Madison, Sioux City
- Eastern New England - e.g., Boston, Down East Maine, Providence
- Western New England - e.g., Worcester, Burlington (includes upstate New York)
- New York City - including western Long Island and northern New Jersey
- South Midland - e.g., Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Kansas City
- North Midland - e.g., Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Des Moines, Omaha
- Coastal Southeast - e.g., Charleston, Savannah
- Southern - e.g., Memphis, Atlanta, Jackson, New Orleans, Dallas, Houston
- Western - e.g., Seattle, San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Billings, Portland
- Canada - e.g., Toronto, Montreal (English-speaking), Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver
- Inland North - e.g., Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago
- Be 18 years old or older
- Be able to commute to the Farmington Hills, MI office for a recording session
Recording sessions last 2 hours, 4 hours and 6 hours, and compensate between $65 and $195 USD depending on session length. Compensation is in the form of an e-Mastercard gift card.
To Apply, click the link below and fill out the form: