At TopCompare.be, we want to help people make the smartest financial decisions by comparing financial products and managing their personal finances in an easy and quick way. We give the power back to the consumer by increasing financial education, market transparency and countrywide mobile access to financial products.
We are growing rapidly since our launch in 2015, already being the no. 1 comparison platform in banking. Every year, we are helping over 1.5 million Belgians – and growing – save time and money.
TopCompare.be is part of CompareEuropeGroup, Europe’s leading financial comparison platform headquartered in London. Being part of this group, we are backed by EUR 20 million funding from amongst others, Nova Founders Capital, Ace&Company and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs such as Peter Thiel and Mark Pincus. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 150 partners in Europe, state-of-the-art technology and marketing platforms as well as strong management teams.
We are looking for a proficient UI/UX design student with business acumen and coding abilities (a plus but not a must) to accelerate and finetune product development with the user always in mind. The intern will work closely with our Managing Director, gaining valuable experience and exposure in one of the fastest growing fintechs in Belgium.
- Involvement in end user research to explore, uncover and analyze end user requirements
- Create UI/UX designs while keeping accessibility in mind. Ability to execute high quality visual design
- Apply, improve, and execute design reviews on products
- Designing wireframes and mock-ups of new features
- Propose solutions to solve design/user experience challenges on the website
Requirements and skill set
- Must be proficient in graphic design and layout, user-interface design, user experience, color theory, typography and illustration
- Strong analytical skills; use qualitative and quantitative data to make appropriate product decisions
- Ability to understand the bigger picture and to approach tasks with a problem-solving mindset
- Be finalising a degree in User Experience, Web/Graphic Design, Computer Science/Information Systems, or equivalent (knowledge of business and code)
- Knowledge of the financial services sector is a plus
- Fluent in either English, French or Dutch
To achieve your goals with us you will
- Have fun & be part of a great working atmosphere in a team of smart, entrepreneurial and highly motivated people
- Be part of a flat hierarchy and start-up culture which means a lot of responsibility from day one
- Get constant support from and exposure to the management team, reporting directly to the Managing Directors
To apply please send us your CV at [email protected] with subject line “UI/UX designer Intern”.