This is an opportunity to join a fast growing and innovative media startup, and gain experience in a global business which has raised a total of £7 million of funding, most recently from News Corporation. You will help the company build influential media brands which are loved, feared and imitated.
In this role, you will lead and define technology at Tab Media. You will manage a team of two: a Senior WordPress Developer who oversees a large WordPress multi-site, and a Designer/Front End Developer who spends the majority of his time on client campaigns.
This role is perfect for an ambitious, versatile developer who wants to take greater management responsibility while continuing to write code. You should apply if you want a leadership position in a fast-growing startup and ultimately to build a team and become CTO.
Working in a tech team of three at our office in Shoreditch, London you will be responsible for:
- The company’s technical stack, including Node microservices and a React and Node CMS
- Managing a Senior WordPress Developer and a Designer/Front End Developer
- Setting the tech roadmap and ensuring delivery using an agile approach
- Ensuring high standards of code quality across the team
- Working with the CEO and other senior managers to define tech strategy and roadmap
- Communicating with other areas of the business on developments and priorities.
A successful candidate will have experience with:
- Building web applications with React and Node
- Working with build tools, including Webpack
- Setting up and maintaining infrastructure on AWS
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity
- 2% pension, rising to 3% in April 2019
- Company Macbook Pro
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Breakfast provided in the office
About Tab Media
Tab Media is a global media startup publishing news and entertainment for people in their late teens and twenties. We publish The Tab, a news network covering student and youth culture, and babe, a site “for girls who don’t give a fuck”. These editorial brands have a monthly cross-platform audience of 50 million people.
Founded at Cambridge University in 2009, the company has raised a total of £7 million in funding from investors such as Balderton Capital and News Corp. We employ a total of 43 people working in editorial, commercial, technology and operations roles at our offices in London and Brooklyn.