What is key to every business success? It is keeping focus on what you are best at and leave your competitors behind. Many freelancers and small business owners are forced to do everything themselves resulting in loss of focus and missed business opportunities. They can’t use their time efficiently because they get distracted by incoming calls, messages and mails or miss on opportunities because they were not able to answer that one call that would have been the next big deal.
Our powerful and constantly developing software as a service communication platform is for more than 20 years a catalyst for success in that our customers never miss an opportunity while being able to maintain focus and concentrate on their core activities.
We are a small company working in small teams and consider ourselves as “startup at heart”. As our company group is successfull in business since 20 years, but we’ve kept our flat hierarchies and let’s-do-it-mentality. We believe that a pleasant atmosphere helps teams to be effective and creative. Creating, maintaining and fostering exactly that will be your first challenge. We would love to hear your ideas about how you’d like to coach and guide your team. You will be their go-to-person when it comes to providing reasonable architectural decision making and solid plans that cover the details as well as the bigger picture.
Tech-wise, our solution is build in Java using Spring and Hibernate. Imagine it as a big variety of micro-services using RESTful APIs which empower HTML5-Web-Applications. To be completely honest, there is still some legacy code involved that we want to get rid of.
How will you bring its functionalities into new services, allowing new features to be created quickly? To save our customers time, you will need to ensure connections to a fistful of cloud services like Google, Office365, Apple, CRM-systems, telephony services and many more.
Creating a new backend infrastructure with a modern Frontend application is your challenge number two. Right now, we are combining the concepts of Micro-Services in the backend with Web-Components and HTML5 in the Frontend. You’ve got better ideas? Let us know - you’re the expert!
- Lead and mentor a fistful of mighty Backend Engineers
- Foster a vivid and powerful learning culture among our Engineers
- Coach and develop hard and soft skills of your teammates
- Be responsible for the entire software lifecycle from A to Z. You build it, you own it you run it
- Bring existing applications to the next decade
- Create a strategy to turn a software platform into a web service
- Collaborate with our Frontend Engineers to connect a new UI
- Build new APIs, scalable micro-services for HTML5 and mobile services in addition to new features
Things you’ve ideally experienced already
- Knowing how to create and maintain a good team spirit
- Bringing people and their ideas to the next level
- Coaching Engineers to improve their coding skills
- Establishing good collaboration with Product Owners and other stakeholders
- Ideally, seen a university from the inside. You haven’t? No worries, we like autodidacts too!
- 5-10 years of expertise with Java, Spring, Hibernate
- Crafting RESTful APIs, micro-services, SQL databases
- Working with RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch and GWT are an asset
- Fostering a DevOps-mindset
- Creating CI/CD using Jenkins, Stash,Git and Linux
- Developing prototypes and providing incremental improvements
- Getting sparkles in your eyes about backend infrastructure architecture
- Not afraid of Frontend using HTML5 either
It’s a match, if we share some core beliefs
- Treat your teammates as you’d like to be treated
- Be a good mentor and coach to your team
- People before technology & Smart solutions over ideology
- Clear and transparent communication and expectations
- Being a team player and not a lonesome hero
- Contributing your favourite idea to a discussion with colleagues is about creating something bigger, not about telling others how great you are or how things should be done
- Agile Methods like Scrum or Kanban are a tool to improve the product step by step and flexible, not a religion
- As a techlead it’s not your mission to be right. It’s your mission to support your team developing the optimal solution while ensuring it fits into the overall concept
- No discussion, no honey. We are no place for know-it-alls and Hierarchy-people
- Choose what's best for you: MacBook or PC?
- Ride a bike or a train: we provide a bike or public transport ticket
- Stay healthy and relaxed: we support Urban Sports Club
- Become a Foam master or Bartender: enjoy the best coffee machine and beer from tap in our office
- Level up your skills: we will get you eye-opening books
- Take a course: we will support your hunger for education
- You need some holidays? 28 days for everyone
- You don´t smoke? Get one extra day off
- You have hobbies and a family? Great. We have core ours to maintain flexibility
Sounds terrifying? Bummer! We’re sorry to hear that.
Sounds terrific? Great! Get in touch.
We at Pinguin are fostering diversity and are committed to create teams with a broad variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and skills. All decisions about interviews, offers and employment are based on expertise, merit and business need.