Lead on design and implementation of the back-end for our core product. This will include an API framework to query the database from multi-platform (browser, Android, iOS) applications.
We want someone who can think systems design on a large, future scale, design a model for that future, and start implementing it today. You will have substantial control of the shape of our core product, and be required to work both as the senior member of a project team and independently. A successful fit will see rapid advancement and pay scaling. Most of all: if you have always wanted to design something big and get it right from the start, then this is your chance!
- Good understanding of graph theory and databases. Experience working with graph databases in a production environment.
- Database deployment and management
- Database integration with multi-platform applications
- Experience in implementing APIs and API queries
- Role can be language independent: but see software preferences.
- Strongly preferred: experience with Neo4J/Cypher or OrientDB
- NoSQL native… …but familiarity with SQL DB server administration
- Full stack development experience
- Data systems and Systems design (education or experience)
BSc Computer Science or equivalent degree