ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and are the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
Study Startup Associate II
As a member of the Study Startup Team, you will play an integral role in making sure that physicians at our research sites are prepared to start the trial of investigational, new pharmaceutical and biological products for clinical trials at their local practices.
* To review and negotiate clinical site investigator contracts and budgets.
* Stay connected with Investigative sites, sponsors and internal personnel regarding the status of contracts and contract-related documents
* Prepare and coordinate preparation of contractual documents and correspondence
* Facilitate the indemnification process between the study sponsor and the site.
* Function as the internal consultant on study budgets (investigator payments, develop and update training documentation and conduct group training as necessary, mentor and train new and junior personnel in the SSU department, and act as a consultant on the Investigator Contract and Budget development process from origination through execution).
What you need:
*A bachelor's degree in Paralegal Studies, Juris Doctor (law) degree, life sciences degree or related experience is preferred
* SSU experience is desirable but not required.
* Experience in a clinical research environment with specific experience in study contracts review and budget negotiation or in a related field such as where the contract or legal document review is a primary part of your role.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That's why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future. stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.