All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
We are a family of 160+ geeks: Developers, Technical Writers, UX Designers and Product Managers. With over 30 nationalities all collaborating in one space, we share a start-up culture in an inspiring office in the heart of Barcelona, pursuing innovative ways of building highly scalable solutions.
We love clean code and follow SOLID principles. We implement Agile methodologies. We can proudly say that Scrum actually works here – code reviews, continuous integration, knowledge sharing, release retrospectives, components of gamification…you name it! Not to forget our office language is English; your skills will get significantly better. What’s more, we love our people to succeed: many of our people have scaled up the ranks with us!
What the job is about?
We are looking for a SR Software Engineer to join our Commerce Analytics team in Barcelona. The team is responsible for building a solution that provides Commerce business users with out-of-the-box analytical tools (KPIs, Dashboards, Workbooks..) so that they can understand their business and make data-driven decisions.
In our day-to-day we deal with challenges like Scalability (we deploy in a cloud environment with shared and dedicated servers, but our aim is to keep our process as performant as possible regardless the amount of data to be processed), Performance (providing a great user experience to our customers), or Availability (so our merchandisers never lost a sell and our shoppers always find what they are looking for).
You will fit perfectly if you share these values
- Open mind for discussion and team collaboration
- Drive to share the knowledge whenever possible
- Pride in your work and a desire to delight the customer should motivate you to take initiative , take responsibility and take ownership of your projects
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
- Strong drive for excellent software design and clean code principles
- Open to learn and adopt new practices and try if they can improve the daily life of any role (customers or product design and development)
Software Engineer working in an Agile team:
- Developing the right product : supporting the PM and the rest of the team to understand the best way to deliver value to our customers in our functional area, while breaking it down into smaller manageable items (User Stories, Technical Stories, Spikes).
- Developing the product in the right way : making sure that new features are added to the product in a way that is readable and scalable, in the most efficient way possible, applying good development practices (SOLID principles, Design patterns, TDD..) when convenient, and making sure that the quality is good enough for NetSuite standards (doing unit testing and supporting Software Engineers in Test with integration/functional/manual testing).
- Being a team player : supporting the team to define and follow the best way to all work together, participating in agreed meetings, respecting and honoring team values and agreements, and striving to continually improve the way we work, while giving and receiving constructive feedback to the rest of the team.
- Spreading the knowledge : sharing technical (or other) skills (techniques, technologies, etc.) within the team and cross-team and being willing to mentor new starters in the team.
- Being value and customer centric : helping to define team goals, focusing on how we can deliver value to our customers, and supporting the whole team (Devs, Sets, PM, UX, TW) in order to achieve them.
- B.S. or Master’s in computer engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years’ software development experience
- 5+ years’ SQL database experience including schema design and development of efficient queries and PL/SQL
- 5+ years’ experience with Java (C# or similar)
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, web browsers
- Knowledge of Design Patterns , O bject P rogramming P aradigm and SOLID principles
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to abstract functional requirements
- A solid understanding of metadata design and its use in the architecture of enterprise applications
- Experience in designing, architecting and implementing high performance scalable applications
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English are required
- Open mind for discussion and team collaboration
- Work permit for Spain is required for this role
- Agile (Scrum, SCRUMBan, Kanban, …) experience
- Test Driven Development experience
- Previous experience working with Elastic Search and Kibana
- Knowledge about data processing , pipelines, cleaning, data transformation… and data streaming technologies
- Understanding of cloud-based distributed software applications
- Familiar with Linux
What we offer
- Agile environment – Start-up culture backed by a strong enterprise
- Excellent central Barcelona city location
- English-speaking office
- International team (over 30 nationalities)
- Strong professionals around you that will help to accelerate your growth
- Continuous career development: we actively encourage and celebrate internal promotions
- High-impact learning culture: free access to online learning platform and regular in-house training sessions
- Become actively involved in the tech community: we organize and host meetups, programming competitions, and innovation initiatives
- Lunch & learns: present on your favorite topic or hobby and be treated to a free lunch!
- Lots of after-work activities: beach volleyball club, paddle league, skiing/snowboarding trips in winter…
- Private health + life insurance
- Quarterly goals + yearly salary reviews
- 25 days of vacation
- Free coffee, beverages, fruit, snacks...
- Ticket restaurant
- Casual dress code
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire