We are looking for a Sr. Public Affairs Manager to lead our policy and public affairs work in Madrid. You will join a team of entrepreneurial leaders seeking to quickly expand Lime’s reach around the world in this strategic role. You share our vision for new, sustainable, transportation solutions and have the ability to persuasively express that vision with elected officials, decision makers. The Sr. Public Affairs Manager will be an instrumental member of the team, managing existing relationships, supporting our business in Iberia and building local coalitions that pave the way for smart policy. You will also work with other members of the Lime team to relay feedback, suggestions and improve the overall success of the company.
What You'll Do
- Establish strategic relationships with government and community leaders, policy makers, and regulatory agencies, regularly meeting with them to build trust and mutual interest, mitigate potential obstacles and convey the company's priorities and strategies
- Help city governments, transit authorities, local partners and other relevant institutions understand how Lime’s mobility solutions can work for their cities
- Help set and carry-out the public policy and advocacy agenda for the company, working collaboratively with the other teams and executives to ensure alignment between business objectives and policy and community outreach goals
- Partner with organizations, educational institutions and similar groups to align Lime’s social mission with existing transportation, health, and environmental community initiatives
- Collaborate closely with other Lime team members on operations, marketing, and local media activities
- Support company’s work with strategic advisers and local consultants
- Track and advise on important changes in regulatory or legislative matters affecting your market
- Existing transportation, government, and advocacy contacts and relationships in your market
- The drive to fearlessly advocate for Lime
- Degree in Politics, Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent experienceExperience in community organising, political campaign or other grassroots outreach
- Excellent written and verbal communication/people skills
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and work at a rapid startup space
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to evaluate, prioritise, and discern strategic paths toward Lime growth using quantifiable metrics
- Experience in event planning, media relations, and public meeting and presentation facilitation
- 8+ years experience in government affairs, political campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment
- A strong business approach and aptitude for finding strategic wins even in the face of initial resistance
- Government affairs know-how.
- Experience leading or working at a high level in local or regional government arenas, particularly city government
- Passion for sustainability, politics, urban planning, mobility, and leveraging tech for good
- Available for travel
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.