Quin is an 11 strong, female-founded, digital health startup building products for chronic health conditions. Our first app, which helps people with Type 1 Diabetes make decisions about their self-care, was launched in the UK last year.
If you think you're the right match for the following opportunity, apply after reading the complete description.
Quin challenges conventional thinking and the received wisdom of the medical and pharmaceutical worlds. Our company values are Show Love, Find Truth and Be Excellent and we’d love to meet potential teammates who think these are good starting points for a fun and satisfying place to work.
We believe the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our product will be. We take extra steps to build a balanced team and a workplace where all sorts of humans can belong. Should you need any accommodations for our recruiting process, just let us know. We know that imposter syndrome is real, so please do get in touch even if you don't quite match all of the things we mention. As we are such a small team though, we think we would struggle to support someone who is early career right now. We’re replacing a really experienced developer, and so far my efforts to clone the existing team have come to nothing. We need to maintain the team’s velocity. We will be open to earlier career applicants later in the year.
Some interesting facts about us:
- We were picked for , Apple’s way of supporting Black and female-founded businesses in the iOS ecosystem. Since our launch last September, we are the most downloaded diabetes app in the UK & Ireland and are planning to roll the app out to the US this year.
- Our for being a great example of engineering innovation.
- We really value creative collaboration, pragmatism, and continuously improving our processes and practices. You’ll often find us pair programming, and we find practices like TDD help us maintain a well factored codebase.
About the role:
We’re looking for a thoughtful, creative, and experienced Software Engineer as one of the team moves into a product management role. The Quin approach uses science, engineering, and design to build products that empower people to make better decisions and provide personalized support.
This is the role where all your experience and interests could get used: your work in large-scale enterprise development, the iOS app you built, the website where you wireframed the user journey, your interest in psychology or how the human body works and your fascination for hardware and embedded systems.
We love meeting the whole human, so we’re not just interested in your engineering skills!
Our tech stack:
Our iOS app is written in Swift and uses Realm DB for persistence. We make heavy use of HealthKit to interface with blood sugar and activity monitoring devices. Parse is our backend, with smatterings of Python for data analysis. We’ll start building for Android next, so this is going to evolve very quickly. Responsibilities:
- You love being part of a team. You’re the kind of person who finds new ways to work (especially remotely), makes things better for everyone, loves helping others to grow and improves psychological safety and collaboration across the team.
- A pragmatic approach to software engineering; the needs of the user come first, technology is a means of solving a problem, and you break complex problems down into smaller stories. Underpinning all of this is a desire to get started with the simplest possible thing and build from there.
- You want to shape what gets built. You want to do more than just write code and you’re excited about being part of a creative, evolving Product Team that loves trying new things.
- Comfortable working in a codebase where you’re jointly responsible for everything from the UI layer to the backend services (and everything in between!)
- 28 days holiday
- Employee share option scheme
- 77% of our team are from groups under-represented in tech