Technical (Backend) Lead – Blockchain start up
Central London (some remote) / other locations in USA and Europe considered
£60,000 - £70,000 p.a.
Everybody wants to work in Blockchain these days…..
Luckily, I’m recruiting for a Technical Lead / Software Development Lead at a funded, central London based Blockchain startup.
I’m looking for someone who has managed a small development team, including offshore devs, at a note-worthy startup. Someone who understands the highs and lows of working at a startup, someone who loves the autonomy and freedom, and someone who is ready to add the development of a primary alpha blockchain platform to a fully-fledged commercially available platform.
Let’s talk tech:
• The backend of the platform is built in Node.js with an Express framework.
• Prisma is their database ORM.
• GraphQL is their API query language.
• AWS (EC2 + all its friends…. Some of its friends at least)
• They use Bamboo to set up builds so that’s ideal, but experience using a different CI tool is just as good!
• You don’t need to have come anywhere near Blockchain in your career so far, as you’ll have the option to learn as you go, but if you have fiddled with Ethereum / Solidity, it certainly wouldn’t hurt!
Let’s talk about your experience:
• This is a leadership position – you must have led a small team of devs for this role. Ideally, you’ve been doing this for at least 12-24 months in a similar setting. Of course, we’re more than open to Tech Leads managing much larger teams who are looking for a taste of something new.
• As such, you’re going to need to a be someone who doesn’t flinch when it comes to platform-changing architectural decisions – but embraces it instead!
• The closer you are to their tech stack the better…. In case you have an idea of how it can be done better!
So…. The practical stuff:
• Their main location is a co-working space (one of the nice, thrifty modern ones), outside of Shoreditch, on the South side of the river. As with most start-ups, a strong degree of remote working is a real option. You’ll be managing remote devs anyway. Ideally, you’ll be in London, but we also have a working space in Toronto, Canada so we can equally consider people on that side of the pond. We will also be open to candidates in mainland Europe! We care more about what you can do than where you are!
• We can offer a base salary of between £60,000 - £65,000 p.a. but would go to £70,000 for proper unicorns.
Feel free to reach out to Ciaran Hardie to find out more about this role.