We are looking for a full-time software developer in London (or in Europe working remotely) to help us build a world-class web platform.
Want to make an application? Make sure your CV is up to date, then read the following job specs carefully before applying.
Our Engineering team consists of an ex-Googler, a DeepMind scholar, and other really talented and friendly people.
We work in a collaborative atmosphere, and value autonomy highly.
About us At Programmai, we use Machine Learning to empower e-commerce companies to market online effectively using their own data.
We're a London based early-phase startup that just closed our seed round.
We are building an easy-to-use platform to unleash the power of Machine Learning to help our clients with digital marketing.
Tech we use at present:
* Google Cloud Platform, managed with Terraform;
* Elixir for APIs, storage, and external integration;
* Python for the Machine Learning pipelines;
* React for the first version of our frontend (we are assessing ReasonML and Elm for the new version, stay tuned!) Your responsibilities:
* Build APIs to serve our user-facing web applications.
* Model the business logic in relational databases.
* Integrate with external APIs (e.g.
* Help to evolve our system, improve automation, and make important technical decisions with us.
* Review code and share knowledge.
Ideal candidates are expected to have:
* Experience in writing readable, testable, and maintainable code.
* Solid programming skills in at least one backend language (Elixir, C++, Python, Ruby etc).
* Strong understanding of API design (RESTful or GraphQL).
* Good understanding of SQL.
* Willingness to learn new languages/technologies.
Bonus points if:
* You have experience in any functional languages (particularly Elixir).
* You have experience in Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, and CI/CD tools.
* You are interested in gaining full-stack skills.
* You can work with highly talented, friendly, and passionate people, and have some fun on the way.
* There are no layers of bureaucracy to work through.
You can have a huge impact here.
* You'll have a front-row seat at an early-stage, fast-growing company that uses machine learning to disturb an existing problem area.
What's in it for you?
* Equity in a fast-growing company.
* Competitive salary plus additional performance-related rewards
* 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays.
* Well-located office with our adorable dog Billie (if you are in London).
For now, everyone is fully remote, but we will return to our office in the future!