Are you a Solution Engineer with a start-up mentality looking to take the next step in your career? Interested in working with our market-leading solutions and some of the biggest companies in France? If you are then we want to hear from you!
As a VMware NSX Solution Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware NSX. We're looking for someone passionate about selling the value of network virtualization solutions including technology from VMware.
- We'd like to speak to you if you can present our NSX vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers as well as maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends.
- Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects and work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of NSBU products.
- Maintain, grow, and bring to bear pre-sales relationships with the partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers.
- Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security on a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures.
- At least 7 years experience as a sales engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large-scale enterprise and service provider environments in networking and security.
- A great track record of working together with Sales representatives and recent experience as a Pre-Sales engineer facing enterprise and/or commercial customers.
- Previous experience in managing large accounts.
- In-depth technical understanding of at least five of the following:
- Networking (CCNA level minimum)
- Understanding data center networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based.
- Hypervisor hands-on and architecture experience in at least one of these: VMware ESXi/ Hyper-V / KVM
- Cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, vRealize Automation, vCloud DirectorNetwork virtualization technologies, SDNs, NFVNetwork security, virtualized firewall solutions, NGFW, WAFVPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL, MPLS)
- Load Balancing and Global Load Balancing
- WAN technologies and/or SD-WANContainer environment & KubernetesCloud offers such as Amazon, Azure, GoogleCore values and traits: IntegrityTeam Spirit
- Passionate about technology and its impact on customers
- Daring by nature
- Social intelligence to see the political dynamics of any customer situation
- Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with Network Architects
- Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring them back to product management
- Comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCsProven track record to run Proof of Concepts onsite with customers and project manage the entire activity
- Ability to deliver basic NSX training & workshop sessions as part of the pre-sales process
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- Travelling of approx. 30% of your working time is a requirement
- Understanding of what it takes to be a successful pre-sales systems engineer
- Knowledge of the French public sector’s customers would be a bonus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- Category: Sales
- Subcategory: Systems Engineering
- Experience: Manager and Professional
- Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time