We are a different kind of startup. We are a team of Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Software Engineers building the factory of the future. With our world-leading technical experience from OpenAI, SpaceX, MIT and more, and venture backing from some of the biggest names in tech, we believe that revolutionary results can be built by a small group of creative minds working in concert. Join us on our journey to build a completely autonomous manufacturing system for the production of precision CNC metal parts for medical devices, robotics, industrial machinery, and aerospace and defense.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Design and build mission-critical software: from distributed systems and network infrastructure, to real-time robot perception and control, to computational geometry and machine learning, with attention to performance, reliability, flexibility, and code quality.
- Shape the architecture of the systems that power the next generation of intelligent machines. We don’t have a fixed technology stack, but under the hood we’re using Python, Rust, Bazel, gRPC, runC, Buildkite and many others.
- Develop and evolve software engineering practices for the unique needs of distributed cyber-physical systems.
- Help to define the culture at a small and rapidly-growing company.
- Deliver previously-impossible robotics capabilities that solve real problems.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and support a diverse and cross-functional team, including mechanical, electrical and robotics engineers.
We're looking for candidates with:
- Experience as a senior engineer or tech lead, providing impactful technical leadership for a team while fostering a healthy engineering culture.
- A track record of successfully planning, building, maintaining, and operating production-grade software systems.
- End-to-end responsibility for their work, and are ready to learn new things based on what needs doing at any given moment.
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to work in a variety of technical areas as needed, to solve real problems and deliver business impact.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Desire to work with a small collaborative team, with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Are motivated to work on challenging real-world engineering problems without prior solutions.
- Are excited to join coworkers that strive to be inclusive, thoughtful, and down-to-earth.
- Enjoy building not only software, but also teams and companies.
- Are self-directed and enjoy figuring out what is the most important problem to work on.
- Know your way around a Unix shell.
Our job offer Senior Software Engineer Karlsruhe / Start-up (m/f/d) sounds interesting? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application via Campusjäger by Workwise.
With our partner Campusjäger, you can apply for this job in just a few minutes without a cover letter and track the status of your application live.