Legl is a game-changing SaaS platform for Lawyers, using technology to solve the huge problems faced by lawyers and their customers alike.
Building on our award-winning platform, CrowdJustice, our committed and brilliant team are on a mission to make accessing legal services simple, and we're looking for a Senior Engineer to help build a product that can revolutionise an industry.
Applying for this role is straight forward. Scroll down and click on ‘apply’ to be considered for this position.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll make significant contributions to every part of our technical process, helping to design simple, robust and scalable solutions to complex problems, contributing to feature work on our roadmap, and testing and reviewing your own and others’ code. This can be as a full stack generalist, or as a front end or back end specialist, with occasional work across the full stack.
You’ll also help raise the bar by driving continuous improvement in what we do and how we do it. You’ll help to set technical direction, provide detailed and constructive feedback to colleagues, and mentor, develop and potentially manage* other engineers.
*management track is optional, so don’t be put off if that’s not your thing
Our Stack and Environment
We have one cross functional team, including engineers, designers and product managers that we split into smaller groups to work on specific projects. We use our own hybrid Kanban-based system that aims to provide structure where we need it and get out of the way the rest of the time, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our own processes. The same is true for our development tools where we try to apply continuous integration, automated testing, pair programming and whatever other techniques we think will make us work better.
We’re a small, agile, high-energy team where everyone plays a critical role in improving our products and processes.
Our culture is collaborative, ambitious, agile and not ego-driven. Things move fast, we like to see our work solving problems for our customers as quickly as possible, and we value each other. If you share these values, and the description below sounds like you then we would love to hear from you.
Get to know one of our engineers, India, on our blog and learn more about what it’s like to work in our team, from another of our engineers Nandhini, .
- You’ve spent at least 5 years working as a software engineer
- You’ve built web software in an agile environment as part of a cross-functional team
- You’re willing to work across the front and back end even if you’re more experienced on one side
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, and have mentored, trained or led engineers to success.
- You write clean, performant, tested and maintainable code
- You're product-minded and understand the tradeoffs between quality and speed
- You care about impact, love a challenge, and take ownership of your work
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success, and our current team is a testament to that. We intend to build on the diversity we have in our team, and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Simply put, we don’t discriminate.
- Share options, so we all share in Legl’s success
- Opportunity to join a well-funded startup at the start of a hyper growth phase on its mission to fix what’s broken about the legal system.
- All the kit you need to work effectively from home (remote working statement below) and the flexibility to work with the tools you like best (hi Linux)
- High and very visible impact in your role. This work really matters - success in this role will drive our growth and have a big impact on the business and our clients
- Team of smart, ambitious and genuinely kind people
- A great and growing remote social culture
- Learning a lot along the way. We run an internal knowledge sharing program (Legl University), and have regular 121s
Interviews can be stressful so we've designed our interview process to be fair, friendly and responsive. There are no surprise stages, and you'll always be prepared for the next step.
- 20 minute non-technical phone/zoom chat about the role
- 45 minute zoom interview with the Head of Engineering
- 2 x 45 minute zoom interviews with a selection of our team
- 20-30 minute 1:1 with our CEO
We appreciate the time commitment we’re asking from you. Our commitments in return are:
- To get back to you quickly at every stage
- To give as much useful feedback as we can after your interview
- To schedule interviews at times that work for you - early mornings, lunchtime, evenings are all fair game