At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
How do we support our employees:
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
M&G's UK offices are based in London, Edinburgh and Stirling. All colleagues are currently working remotely and expect to return to the office in 2021, only if it is safe to do so. We are happy to consider remote working for this position and would expect you to be able to travel to the office on occasion when appropriate
We are working to make saving and investing simple, rewarding and reassuring whilst making an impact for the better. You will be part of a team that is designing digital experiences for and with our 6 million plus users in over 26 countries around the world. The Digital teams main goal is to drive our transformation to a digitally enabled and experientially driven organisation that not only delivers on the expectations of our users but delights them in the process.
Today we have almost 20 cross-functional teams working across 4 portfolios to make this happen. The portfolios covers our private, professional and institutional clients, internal users and cross cutting elements of our digital experience platform. Whilst each portfolio has a longer term vision we move this forward at pace through quarterly missions focused on clear objectives and key results.
As a Senior Service Designer you will be in a critical role which directly shapes the omni-channel experiences we will provide for our customers, advisers, partners and back-office operations informed by our Strategy and working in close partnership with digital product owners, feature teams and senior leadership.
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
Manager or Expert:
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Leading GV design sprints; solution design workshops facilitation techniques and artefact production
- Communicating effectively across mediums (verbally, visually, and in-writing)
- Supporting & challenging digital product owners
- Agile ways of working
- Designing digital / self-serve journeys to become user's desirable, feasible and viable channel-of-choice
- Fully utilising Jira, Confluence, MS Office, Visio
- To lead GV design sprints & other workshops to drive human-centered, insight-led, problem-led outcomes
- To utilise personas, journey maps and interviews to develop empathy & prioritise efforts
- To create artefacts of both style & substance which enables others to understand and action
- To steer new efforts by consulting prior retrospectives, at start-up
- To ensure true end-to-end is contemplated for everything we do (beyond point of purchase)
- To identify risks & mitigatios proactively
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G's operational risk.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- You have very strong facilitation & communication skills (verbally, visually, and in-writing)
- You have experience working closely with digital product owners
- You have extensive experience with Agile ways of working
- You have extensive experience with leading GV design sprints, associated techniques and artefacts
- You have successfully designed digital / self-serve journeys which became the user's desirable, feasible and viable channel-of-choice
- You are very proficient in Jira, Confluence, MS Office, Visio
- You have strong time-management skills
- You are very comfortable supporting multiple initiatives simultaneously
- You have worked in a highly-regulated industry such as financial services
- You have worked as, or closely with, a digital product manager
Work Level: Manager or Expert
Recruiter Name: Phoebe Ewers
Closing Date: 12th February 2021
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things