- Take project ideas from design to implementation.
- Assume leadership and responsibility for the technical tasks and deliverables for a particular project.
- Develop solutions that are highly scalable and secure, but easy to maintain.
- Contributes to the engineering team's culture of high code quality. You are accountable for the quality of code that is delivered to QA and production and must ensure that appropriate code reviews and unit testing are adequately performed.
- Seeks ways to meet the underlying business requirements with cost effective, highly re-usable patterns and components.
- Assists Project Manager in project planning and estimating of project score items.
- Expert-level understanding of the Python programming language, related optimization techniques, and design patterns.
- At least 5 years' experience in Django development.
- Good working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with Git version control tool.
- Effective English communication skills (oral and written) are a must.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Experience and/or willingness to work in a remote/distributed team.
Why should you join us?
- We provide a friendly and productive work environment with fun, smart, open-minded international people.
- You will have the opportunity to work with the newest technologies, for the company with noble vision.
- We provide a competitive salary based on your qualifications and experience.
- Flexibility in arranging your working hours.
- Company warrants as a part of your remuneration.
- This is a fun and challenging opportunity to work in an exciting company with no dull corporate lifestyle.
At Labster we are dedicated to empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world . Our goal is to develop fully interactive software that makes learning both engaging and effective, and to make it accessible to as many students as possible (see short trailer here).
We govern ourselves by using a flat-hierarchy system called Holacracy that is focused on roles, collaboration and distributed leadership. We believe in flexible work hours and a good work-life balance, and while we love to achieve great things via concentrated work, it’s incredibly important for us to have happy and engaged team members.