Careers that change live
The Project Einstein Customer Operations team manages all aspects of system installation, start-up, customer training, field service analysis and support, and program optimization. Placement of a surgical robot in the hospital requires full time support for a four to eight-month period in order to ensure successful integration into the hospital’s service lines.
Project Einstein Customer Operations team members are seasoned professionals with in-depth knowledge of the healthcare value chain, as well as breadth of experience across multiple disciplines. They partner with hospital management teams and payers to drive complex transformational change, implement innovative growth strategies, streamline patient-focused care pathways and optimize operations.
A day in a life
Medtronic is in the process of rolling out its robotic surgery platform. In that context we are looking for a seasoned operational transformation expert. You will be responsible for successful integration of a new surgical robot into a hospital. This might be an expansion of a current robotic surgery program, creation of a new robotic surgery program, or a changeover from a competitive robot to the Medtronic robot.
Activities to integrate the Medtronic robot include training the hospital to clean and sterilize reusable instruments, arranging the off-site training of surgeons and supporting staff, updating surgeon preference cards, developing an inventory plan and kits for robotic procedures, raising awareness of robotic surgery, and helping to schedule the use of the robot.
These activities would happen over a four to eight-month engagement. At the end of the engagement, the hospital should be on track to hit utilization targets before turning over the program to the sales team. Additional post integration visits to help the hospital improve the performance of their robotic surgery program, optimize resources and asset utilization.
You would be the first Robotic Surgery Start-Up Specialist, piloting its execution and preparing its broadcasting and wider commercialization outside the launch country and region.
- Meet with the Director of Robotic surgery and develop program goals and metrics for the Medtronic robot
- In concert with the Medtronic Field Service Engineer and the hospital staff, prepare the operating room to host the Medtronic robot
- Train hospital staff to clean and sterilize re-usable robotic instruments
- Develop a surgeon training plan, schedule attendance at Medtronic’s off-site training, arrange for proctored cases post-training
- Develop a training plan for support staff to include attendance at a Medtronic off-site training class and working with staff post-training through learning curve
- Conduct regular program review meetings with the hospital’s Director of Robotic Surgery
- Support the technology adoption by attending most if not every case during a surgeon and staff member’s learning curve
- Utilize change management techniques to engage clinical stakeholders and attain buy-in
- Train and coach Hospitals’ staff to promote skill transfer and achieve self-sufficiency in operational excellence
- Generate clear proof points of the value delivered for pilot site by such program
- Package the service program developed and support its commercial deployment across hospitals
- Key areas of expertise are:
- Project / program management skills
- Relationship building/customer engagement skills,
- Operating Room knowledge
- Consultancy expertise
- Change management skills
As part of the Project Einstein Customer Operations team, you should be able to:
- Work independently, yet in close relationship with its customer, propose and implement innovative approaches
- Help prepare the Medtronic sales representative responsible for the account to take over day to day management of the relationships at the end of the engagement
- Share and communicate determined best practices actively in the team
- Work together as a team to develop new service offerings out of pilot projects for wider deployment
- Must Have Bachelor’s Degree at minimum; Preferably Master’s Degree.
- Fluent in English and French language.
- Ability to work in another European language is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience over 5 years including relevant experience in consulting
- Operating Room knowledge or experience
- Demonstrated ability to operate from idea generation, strategy development through detailed implementation and results delivery
- Experience in change management Strong and demonstrable project management skills: planning & coordinating, communicating & influencing, relationship building, achieving milestones, resolving issues and managing risks
- Ability to integrate a customer team and coach it to continuously improve their performance
- Ability to standardize process optimization and change management activities into reproducible package that could be deployed in different places by different people.
- Actively look for information about competitors, other industries, new techniques and tools and build plans and guide actions for implementation in its daily job.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to interact with multinational employees on different hierarchy levels Knowledge of general surgery procedures and environment (Colorectal, Gynecology, Urology, Upper GI, Thoracic…)
- Understanding impact of Quality / Regulatory requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Presentation skills
- +75% will be done at customer’s site Willingness to travel globally (approx. 75%)
- Nice to have Lean Six Sigma certification, especially in manufacturing and/or team ergonomics environment preferred – is a plus
At Medtronic, you will find a diverse team of innovators who bring their unique backgrounds and their individual life experiences to work every day. We work hard to cultivate a workforce that reflects our patients and partners, we believe it’s the only way to drive healthcare forward. We want to attract a diverse workforce, regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.
Join us, and bring the power of your point of view to our culture of collaboration and innovation. It is through strong diversity, inclusion and engagement that we can remain a leader in medical technology and solutions. And by embracing everything you have to offer — your unique perspectives, talents and contributions — we can live up to the promise of our Mission.
Posting Date: Jun 16, 2021
Travel: Yes, < 75 % of the Time