At trip.me, we bring travelers in direct contact with travel experts in the destination to organize round trips fully tailored to the traveler’s wishes. That means great experiences and customization for the traveler while strengthening local businesses at the same time.
As a developer at trip.me you will be constantly improving the platform, adding new features and tuning the underlying technology. Your concrete goals for 2019 are among others improving our server side performance, assuring scalability and the monitoring of our systems.
As we're a small developer team you will be working & learning in many areas ranging from backend programming, database optimization and system architecture to frontend tools like gulp with scss and js or adwords script coding.
If you want to be part of a travel startup in Berlin, if you like to grow alongside a highly motivated international team and the platform itself, if you like ownership in projects, this is for you.
You should bring profound knowledge in developing scalable projects with PHP frameworks, experience in server administration, and most importantly, a constant drive for learning and improving. You don’t have to speak German, only conversational English is required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implement requirements in our PHP (symfony 3.4) based systems, building & improving features and improving system infrastructure & backend performance
- Define requirement details together with stakeholders, provide estimations and communicate results
- Determine and develop appropriate solutions based on best practices
- Continuously improve technical knowledge and interaction with other team members
- Gather, analyze and visualize data for the team to take better decisions
- Build tests (unit tests, functional tests) & monitoring systems to keep the project easily maintainable
We are looking for someone with:
- Passion for their work as developer and for learning new things in an international team
- 5 years or more of experience as PHP developer in professional context
- A clean coding style
- Excellent experience with building robust, scalable applications with a modern PHP framework, such as Symfony and Laravel
- Extended experience with server administration and infrastructure, both bare-metal servers and cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP and/or Azure)
- Solution-focused (positive) attitude and ability to work independently
- Openness to change
- Fluency in English (office language is English)
- Experience in the following fields is a plus: Docker, AngularJs, Scss, Bootstrap 4, Task Runners (Grunt, Gulp, etc.)
- Medium or long-term interest in working in Berlin and in taking over responsibilities at trip.me
Why you should join trip.me:
- Startup spirit in an experienced, inspiring and highly motivated international team
- Broad variety of challenging tasks
- Possibility to take ownership in projects and have a direct and immediate impact on the company
- Working from abroad for some weeks with whole team once a year (e.g. 2015: Colombia, 2016: Spain/Morocco, 2017: Portugal, 2018: Israel/Jordan)
What is trip.me?
trip.me is an internet platform that connects travelers and local travel experts all over the world to create unique travel experiences. Due to the absence of intermediaries, trip.me travelers can book cheaper, faster and more personalized tours. And by doing so, strengthen local economies and communities as well.
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible. If this sounds interesting to you, please send your CV. Please also send any additional resources (certificates, code, …) that may help us. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
You can find more info also on: