Hi! We’re about 50 experts actively looking to expand our talent. Our engineering team is from all walks of life, countries, and cultures. Our diversity drives our creativity, and we look forward to having your unique outlook shape our product. Working hours and location are flexible at Synapticon because working families need that. Although you may need to be beside your robot for much of the day, we understand that sometimes getting away from the problem to think is the better approach. Our unique SoC microprocessor has a massive amount of processing power, available to build unique real-world phy- sics-defying algorithms right into the robot joints. We strive to use the best technology for the problems we intend to solve. SYNAPTICON GMBH Daimlerstraße 26 | 71101 Schönaich synapticon.com
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT SYNAPTICON:
- + Full-time (40 hours/week), permanent contract with 30 days paid vacation.
- + Flexible working hours and working location when life gets in the way.
- + Small international team in start-up mode, with lots of opportunities for career advancement.
- + Annual performance and salary re-negotiation to keep your compensation relevant.
- + Your colleagues are highly competent experts in their field, happy to help you learn and grow.
- + Company pension plan
- + Birthday vouchers
- + Company support for gym memberships through Qualitrain (approx 60% of the abo pays the company).
- + Job electro bike plans for employees (after the trial period) + Beautiful countryside around the office at our location in Schönaich, Germany.
- + Regular team building events like skiing, boot camps, sports, Christmas parties, and barbeque every Friday
- + Spouses and kids are welcome to join for BBQ on Friday
- + We built a sandbox outback “for the kids”, but we recognize that age is just a number
- + We have a field out back where we like to kick the ball around
Interest? We look forward to receiving your application.
We’re looking for an experienced embedded developer to lead the firmware design of our next-generation robotic axis controller. We need your creativity and passion to help design and develop the most efficient, flexible servo controller on the market. You will be contributing to all phases of product development, from design to manufacturing. Built on our history of physics-hacking algorithms, you will work closely with our control performance and customer applications teams to improve the behavior of our control strategies and squeeze every last drop of processing power out of our unique multicore SoC.
- + You have a very strong theoretical and practical background in firmware development. This likely means you spent several years learning about search functions, data containers, and other algorithms and patterns to solve common problems.
- You know very well how to use a debugger, set up build tools, etc. You understand (through experience) the importance of writing clear and maintainable code.
- You can hold the behavior of complex systems in your head and reason through them. Quickly learning what you need from the internet or peers is your forte, as you have a strong desire to perfect your craft.
- + We are especially interested in selecting a candidate that excels in clear and effective communication, both verbally and in writing.