Yes, yes… We are growing again! This time we need to further beef-up our DevOps team!
We are now looking for a senior DevOps engineer with experience in dynamic environments with different tech stacks and projects. You would be working on distributed systems handling various web apps, services and IoT backends. Your main focus will be an in-house service we developed from scratch for the last 4 years - a distributed high-load system spreading over 4 continents.
Our technology stack includes Go, Node.js, Java, Redis, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Galera, Python… All of them in use on interesting projects dealing with IoT, industrial automation, machine learning and big-data.
Here are some statistics about our systems:
- 100+ servers, AWS + gCloud
- 4 continents, 8 datacenters and a few colocated hosting providers
- ~50 public IP addresses
- 200+ requests per second across our services
- serving content in edge-locations from US to Asia
- 1000+ log entries per second / ELK
- thousands of metrics per second / Influx / Grafana
- 9% uptime record
Even though the company is relatively small, we’ve been able to consistently grow in both personel and revenue each year. We do it by aggressively recruiting the absolute best and brightest engineers and structuring our company in a way that makes them want to work here forever. It’s easy to say, but exceptionally hard to execute. Instead of hiring people for one strict position and expecting you to work in that position until you are sick of work, we are no stranger to people within the company changing roles and responsibilities. A QA engineer became a designer, developer became a manager and developer a data scientist. Nothing is set in stone and our primary goal is for people to be motivated, do what they like and what they excel at.
Our goal is to offer the greatest work environment possible and pay people well enough to make it possible for them to join the team. Come learn our way of working, take on as many roles as you can, and establish yourself as a valuable asset to us. Then after your first year, we’ll re-evaluate your salary and make sure it’s more than fair, given the value you’ve been able to generate for the company.
We have plenty of challenges, a small base of long-term partners and a bunch of big projects meaning your support to our developers and system will be much appreciated and rewarded. Join us and take the opportunity to be an integral part of an organisation that encourages innovation, contribution and creativity!
- Working as part of our existing DevOps team of 3
- Covering multiple projects/clients
- Working with bare-metal servers, Google Cloud and AWS
- Setting up new servers, containers
- Setting up and maintaining system & service monitoring, alarming and logging
- Maintaining databases on a service-level
- Bsc in a relevant field
- 3+ year experience as DevOps
- great knowledge of GNU/Linux (preferable Debian based)
- advanced networking knowledge
- basic programming skills (preferable Python, basic shell scripting)
- versioning tools
- SQL database experience (PSQL, MySQL)
- reliable, proactive, eager to constantly learn
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Gitlab, Travis…)
- experience in app and webapp deployment
- provisioning tools (preferable Ansible, SaltStack)
- monitoring tools (preferable TICK stack)
- ELK stack
- AWS, GoogleCloud, Azure
- developer experience
Required when applying:
- Describe your most technically challenging task (as DevOps/sysadmin)