Senior Data Scientist, Construction Technology Startup At Cloud Cycle we are pioneering a data-driven, technology platform to monitor, quality assure, and reuse fresh concrete.
The experience expected from applicants, as well as additional skills and qualifications needed for this job are listed below.
In addition to saving the construction industry billions of pounds, this will also reduce global CO2 emissions, and prevent millions of tons of concrete from being sent to landfill sites.
Our goal is to save the construction industry billions of pounds whilst reducing global CO2 emissions by 1%.
We have just closed a large seed round of funding from a strategic multi-family office and prominent angel investors, as well as winning several large government grants, and have a great pipeline ahead of us.
We have been selected as one of 5 startups to be part of the HS2 Accelerator program with a view to managing all the concrete on the project, the largest infrastructure project in Europe.
We have also been named by CEMEX Ventures, Boston Consulting and Tracxn as one of the best Contech startups of 2019.
We will be rapidly scaling and growing the team in 2020.
We are always keen to hear from capable, creative engineers and scientists who want to be part our journey accomplish our goal.
Your Role This is a senior role as part of the core team reporting to the Head of Engineering.
You will be hands-on, analysing data and developing algorithms from day one.
There is exceptional potential for career growth within a rapidly scaling global company.
In the first six months you will
* Analyse the data from our on-truck measurement system for significant sources of error
* Process and visualise large datasets suitable for presentation to our customers
* Implement first principal and machine learning based methods to process our dataset
* Support the backend team in deploying the best methods to our cloud service
* Provide vision and future direction in the development of the sensing technology Required Skills
* Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, relevant area, or equivalent experience
* Master's in data science or equivalent experience
* 2+ years of Python programming experience with focus on data manipulation and analysis libraries like Pandas
* 2+ years working with large datasets performing clustering, classification, and regression machine learning or deep learning
* Excellent documentation and data presentation skills
* Experience communicating highly technical results to a diverse audience
* A desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment Nice to Have
* Experience with the properties of fresh concrete
* Use of AWS Lambda functions and Sagemaker
* Experience working with time series data generated by IoT platforms
* C++ development
* Video and image analysis experience Package As an early-stage start-up our compensation is skewed towards equity and we have a generous EMI options pool set up for employees.
The cash component will be £70k-£80k depending on experience.
We can also help you relocate to London where our amazing office with roof terrace, garden, free coffee and beer is located.
We're open to distributed working as long as you can spend around 2 days a week on-site.