Senior Data Analyst - Forecasting (They/She/He)
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst for the forecasting team. You will be working closely with Data Scientists and Software Engineers to drive product initiatives to optimize the balance between supply and demand as well as the scheduling of our fleet.
The forecasting team is part of the logistics cluster at Glovo and its mission is to ensure the optimal balance between supply and demand everywhere at any time leveraging state of the art forecasting methods at scale.
Be a part of a team where you will:
Work closely with product managers and development teams to define, monitor and give visibility of product metrics and KPIs.
Design and analyze product experiments, perform impact analyses, and build prototypes that will guide the implementation of product features.
Translate product questions and hypotheses into analysis and actionable insights.
Develop and maintain scalable and self-service visualization tools and dashboards.
Align with engineering teams to ensure data availability/quality of new features and data sources.
Build robust relationships with stakeholders acting as a strategic and supportive link between the technology and the business.
- 4-6 years of working experience with data analysis/business intelligence
- Experience in managing complex projects or programs
- Good understanding of software development and agile methodologies.
- Excellent SQL skills
- Redshift experience is highly valued.
- Solid proficiency in statistical programming (Python/R) and experience working with popular tools such as Pandas, SciPy, Seaborn, Jupyter/iPython notebooks, R Markdown.
- Some knowledge of Data Engineering is a plus
- Knowledge of visualisation tools like Tableau, Looker, Qlikview.
- Ability to juggle multiple strands of work and priorities on complex projects.
- Ability to communicate and present complex ideas to stakeholders and get buy-in thanks to ability to understand business needs.
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across the teams.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
Enticing Phantom Shares plan
Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
Discounted Gym memberships
Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.