A stellar opportunity to make a massive impact: Join a growing team in a company that is continually redefining how people travel.
Our Supply Europe team is responsible for reliably connecting our customers with diversified sources of travel inventory (Air, Hotel, and Ground transportation) so that we can always offer the best possible deal.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for scaling, improving, and operating our direct integrations platform across the board.
You'll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data, and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best travel deals for our customers.
You have strong software, data modeling, and analytical skills. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement, and delivering value at speed.
You'll be responsible for making that a reality.
- Build innovative user experiences, setting code and performance standards.
- Evolve and maintain our architecture, including monitoring and alerting systems.
- Build, own and generally maintain our vendor integration microservices.
- Contribute to improvements in a microservices architecture system.
- Deliver your first code in days, iterating over the product in an agile way.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback to foster growth.
- Sixteen great opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry.
- 5+ years of professional experience building and maintaining systems leveraging complex modeling and data at scale.
- Thrived in backend engineering positions and delivered user experience at scale.
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table.
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists.
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs and scales.
A perfect candidate has:
- Experience building and managing multiple external API integrations.
- Professional experience developing data-heavy platforms or APIs.
- Professional programming experience with Java, Scala, Python or Go.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
Our Tech Stack:
- We have a microservice architecture with over 200+ services
- Mostly Scala on the backend with some Python and GoLang
- Our UIs are Mobile first: Swift on iOS and Kotlin on Android
- Unidirectional Dataflow & MVVM / MVI for mobile.
- We host our services on Google Cloud
- We use things like HBase, Kafka, Pub/Sub, GCP Big Query, Cloud SQL, S3, Delos, RedisGKE (K8), terraform
- We are driven by data so Amplitude, Big Query and Datadog will be your buddies
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary, and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- We Work All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- An entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams massive impact