Meshcloud is on a mission to build a european and open alternative to the oligopoly of american cloud computing behemoths. We operate a federated public cloud service based on open-aource technology. We help our customers avoid vendor lock-in and implement powerful hybrid cloud scenarios. Our unique federation technology enables us to operate and interconnect isolated clouds that we jointly operate with european datacenter providers.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our team located in Offenbach, Germany. The backend of our federation technology is responsible for maintaining user identity and authorization as well as management of projects, resources and billing over different cloud locations and platforms. You will play a key-role in the further development of our backend and be responsible for high-impact technology and architecture decisions.
The ideal candidate for this role must have:
- strong Java Skills with prior experience using the Spring or Spring Boot framework
- be comfortable working with git, continuous integration & deployment
- experience in applying principles from Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development and participating in regular code review
- experience designing highly available and fault tolerant distributed systems running in the cloud
- experience with relational databases (SQL) and document databases (MongoDB)
At Meshcloud we believe in and support continuous self-improvement and development of new skills.
We consider the following skills and experiences a bonus:
- other programming languages, frameworks and technologies
- experience working with Cloud Foundry, OpenStack or Kubernetes
- container-based deployment and development environment (Docker)
- distributed databases like ElasticSearch, Redis and similar technologies
- OAuth2 and related protocols like OpenId Connect
- contributions to Open Source projects and programming communities like Stackoverflow
- work in a startup environment with a passionate and talented team
- to improve your skills and know-how
- lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth
- free snacks in the office (water, coffee, fruits, sweets)
Please send a short cover letter including your resume with any references to prior work, open-source projects or your Stackoverflow profile to firstname.lastname@example.org