Airlabs seeks an engineer experienced in fluid dynamics and computational flow dynamics modelling to lead our air flow projects. The successful applicant will develop innovative, smart pollution control systems in urban environments, combining urban design, active air cleaning and pollution sensors.
We are looking for a hands-on individual who can solve real world problems, work with clients and lead design and development, industry experience is preferred but not required.
The Senior Airflow Engineer will work together with our team of chemists, engineers and designers to lead air flow design in product development. You will have the chance to design systems ranging from consumer units to large city-scale installations.
Experience + Skills:
- 5+ years work experience in an industrial environment
- Solid knowledge of Fluid Dynamics and CFD modeling including Multiphase flow (Eulerian - Lagrangian modeling) and air flow management.
- Experience with development of air flow related products.
- Experience in using CFD software packages for product development including HVAC systems, building ventilation and urban ventilation, e.g. COMSOL.
- Experience carrying out validation of the CFD results.
- Solid experience in using CAD software packages e.g. Inventor, Fusion 360 and etc.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in a relevant field of Engineering and/or Physical Science.
- Team player with communication skills able to work with different departments, executive ability.
- Managerial experience in leading a team or project
- Entrepreneurial and creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent proficiency in written and oral English.
- The opportunity to lead your own department, and gain valuable experience in a fast-paced startup that is making a positive impact in the world
- A collaborative environment with a close knit and international team of experts in the fields of atmospheric chemistry, airflow engineering, and industrial design
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV including references to [email protected] by 16. September, 2017. We will process applications as received; early applications are encouraged.
About Airlabs :
Airlabs is an award-winning startup that develops and implements technology to create clean air zones in cities and reduce human exposure to air pollution. In the past year, the company has grown significantly and we now have a portfolio of partners who are global leaders in their fields including JCDecaux, The Body Shop, and Transport for London (TfL).