The Candidate Profile:
Accountabilities and KPI’s
• Penetrate key accounts in the Biopharma drug development space and related clinical research, CRO’s, Biotech accounts and to a smaller extent Academia and Industrial accounts expand the footprint with existing users
• Develop a territory sales plan and execute
• Develop distribution channels, liaise and cooperate with channel partners
• Arrange and deliver seminars and instrument demonstrations
• Proactively manage new account acquisition, the sales funnel and maximize lead to opportunity as well as opportunity to order conversion
• Attainment of revenue and margin targets for product lines and territory
• Continous sales funnel management (leads, opportunities, won/lost), accurate sales forecasting and effective CRM utilization and maintenance
Main Responsibilities Include:
• To manage a sales territory that will include a mixture of Key Accounts, Pharma, Biotechs, Clinical Research as well as Academic and Industrial Accounts.
• Management of Sales Targets which will be a mixture of instrument unit sales, accessories, software and service sales defining the overall revenue for the territory.
• Instruments will include all Andrew Alliance portfolio products and solutions.
• Utilise Support Team to plan and execute demonstrations, seminars, installations, and training; be involved in pre and post sales qualifications
• Key Account Management and interaction at all levels in these accounts.
• To actively explore market potential for the automation of applications in a new or diverse range of subject areas. Projects will range from simple standalone solutions to complex multi-instrument projects.
• Frequently liaise with Switzerland for the management and execution of complex sales. •Arrange and attend exhibitions, customer demonstrations, and seminars.
• There is a real potential to develop “beyond the role” in time and contribute to the overall development of Andrew Alliance as well as recognize individual potential.
• VP Sales
• VP Marketing
• Service Director
• The sales, service and marketing teams
• Key customers, business and channel partners, industrial and academic subject matter experts
The role holder needs to be a driven and dynamic individual and a fast learner as well as an avid networker with good communication skills; capable of thinking strategically yet excellent in tactical implementation of programs, yet also very hands-on in all work aspects as part of a small team.
Professional/Technical/Expertise and Personal Attributes
• At least Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or a related scientific discipline (Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology or Biochemistry); an MSc. qualification would be an asset.
• Completion of an advanced degree in business and previous relevant business management responsibility with financial acumen is strongly desired, as well as a proven performance track record in strategic account selling and/or opportunity selling.
• A significant number of years of relevant work experience in the industry ideally including liquid handling, lab automation, and workflow solutions, ELN Software experience would be an asset; application related competencies in Bioanalytics (using tools like LC/MS, Flow Cytometry, etc.) are a condition; experience with applications fields like Immune Oncology, Protein expression, and analysis or Genetics would be a real plus.
• A capable team player adept at facilitating resources and obtaining support and buy-in across organizational boundaries including good project management skills ideally with experience in developing and delivering differentiated customer solutions into a competitive marketplace.
• Is competent in taking calculated risks and has a strong desire to win business and establish long-term customer relationships.
• Promotes company goals and ideals to customers, channel partners and the market in general.
• A resourceful individual with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced business environment, ideally with well-developed professional sales skills.
• Candidates with adequate sales experience require a demonstrated track record in lead generation, prospecting and business development.
• Solid organizational skills and ability to set priorities/manage time effectively.
• Work remotely, out of a home office. Must be able to travel up to 60% of the time and without restriction.
• Candidates with adequate sales experience require a demonstrated interpersonal, presentation, and time & territory management skills, as well as a professional appearance and demeanour, are expected.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in areas of negotiation, persuasion, and problem-solving.
• Proficient in listening, understanding and questioning and ability to translate that information into a value proposition for the customer.
• Strong technical presentation skills. Comfortable interacting with audiences of different levels of knowledge and seniority.
• Demonstrate command of scientific knowledge to engage in the collaborative sales process.
• Ability to lead workshops, conventions, seminar series and other marketing activities as required. Comfortable conducting large seminars.
• Capable and interested in working in a team environment. Maintains an effective, professional working relationship with all internal customers.
• Goal oriented, highly self-motivated, independent, and successful individual who enjoys challenging and dynamic work environment. Ability to work with a high degree of independence; a self-starter.