We're a tech startup on a mission to reinvent the insurance industry combining data, design and technology. CoverWallet is growing rapidly and expanding across the USA. We're just more than a year old, and have raised $30 million in funding from top tier VCs (Foundation Capital, Union Square Ventures, Two Sigma, Index Ventures, and Founder Collective), and have built an incredible team of ~150 people (70% in New York and 30% between Madrid and Valencia). We are growing our team in Spain with some of the best engineers in Europe.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Ruby on Rails Developer, who will work on building our applications and services APIs.
This is just the start. Hence, you’ll be a key player on defining technology stack, processes, and build our work environment from scratch!
We do offer competitive salary and stock options.
What you will do here
- Ruby on Rails applications development
- Work with Frontend Engineers to build and deliver features
- Developer client and service APIs for partners and our own applications
- Address performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Identify backend best practices
- Fun at work, cool office space
- Travel to New York City office for projects and retreats
Who we are looking for
- Expert Ruby coder
- Rails framework, Sidekiq and Heroku platform
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Git version control export
- Experience on scaling and web performance.
- English speaking and writing skills
- Team player, really motivated with technical challenges
What we offer
- Great offices in the middle of Manhattan, NYC and in Spain in the center of Madrid, and near the beach in Valencia
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Fun and fast-paced environment
- Education budget
- WFH from time to time
- Coffee, Drinks & Fruits
- The possibility to build your career in one of the leading startups in the US
- The possibility to disrupt one of the biggest industries, and in one of the biggest, most developed digital markets in the world