Welcome to Geckoboard! As our QA Automation Tester you will use both your manual and automation testing skills, working closely with our Engineers, Designers and Product Managers to help us deliver great quality software to new and existing customers.
Working in a similar environment, you probably now want to move to an environment where your individual contribution has a real visible impact on the product. Our top requirements from you are that you work regularly with some form of automated testing (perhaps even as an extracurricular project), have the ability to query a database and update rows for testing purposes, and have an understanding of and experience with some form of API testing.
What are we looking for
As our QA Automation Tester you will be some who:
- Works closely with Product Managers to define user stories and acceptance criteria
- Helps (by advising, reviewing, and pairing with developers) in the creation of automated test cases and end-to-end integration tests during the development process
- Carries out exploratory testing to find bugs and deficiencies before pull requests are merged and shipped
- Work with developers and product managers to help them improve their own testing skills
- Works closely with our Customer Success team to understand customers' needs and requirements
As our QA Automation Tester you will have the opportunity to really make your mark on our testing framework. Our current acceptance test frameworks consists of the following;
- Buildkite for our CI environment
- Ruby/Capybara with ChromeDriver
- Internal record/replay proxy written in Go internally by developers and QA team
- Slack integration that notifies the developers of test passes and failures
This means you will have the flexibility to introduce new tools that improve and fit Geckoboard best, both as a company and as a product.
With this in mind, you will have an opportunity, in addition to the exploratory testing of new features, to help:
- Increase coverage by writing new feature specs (in collaboration with developers)
- Drive forward the integration of the acceptance tests by introducing new features (eg. assertions for mixpanel events)
- Identify any new testing we could be doing that would make sense at Geckoboard
- Our developers write unit and integration tests as part of their regular work, and occasionally the acceptance tests, but this is an area that we’d be looking for you to help us improve.
- All development work happens on a Vagrant virtual machine that automatically setup to replicate our production and staging environments.
Thousands of businesses use Geckoboard to build live TV Dashboards that focus teams on what matters. We take the complexity out of connecting data and make it simple for anyone to understand key metrics at a glance. Some of our customers include Airbnb, Slack and Skyscanner.
The interview process will include a two technical tests, one to be completed off site, and one to be completed on-site.
This role is based in our London office.
Life at Geckoboard
We’re constantly striving to ensure that we offer the most encouraging, supportive and efficient environment possible. But don’t just take our word for it; see what our teams say about the projects they work on: https://medium.com/geckoboard-under-the-hood and their experiences of working with us: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Geckoboard-Reviews-E878996.htm
And when it comes to work-life balance, we don’t just pay lip-service. At Geckoboard we actively and strongly encourage it through flexible working hours, a generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to regularly work from home, so you can work in a way that fits you and your family.
We also actively contribute to personal and professional development and have a minimum budget allowance to be spent on courses, conferences, and books. For more information about our values and benefits, see our Careers page at https://www.geckoboard.com/careers/.