BrightTALK brings professionals and businesses together to learn and grow. Over 7 million professionals engage with 75,000 free talks and 1,000 online summits to discover new technologies, learn from trusted experts and grow their careers. Thousands of businesses acquire and inspire their ideal audience with BrightTALK's AI-powered content and demand marketing platform.
We are looking for a talented and passionate QA Automation Engineer to join BrightTALK’s software engineering department, working in our Content team based in Central London. The Content team is responsible for building and maintaining core platform functionality enabling the creation and management of live streaming webinars to an audience of over seven million industry professionals.
We’re a bright, close-knit and hard-working team, working on unique and interesting challenges that keep us continually learning and improving. We strive for excellence but understand pragmatic business needs and balance these to build the most suitable software to get the job done. We believe in a strong team-driven output, and mentor each other continually to be our best selves; there’s always something new to learn.
Our office is light and airy with loads of break-out spaces, a continual supply of fresh fruit, pool table, and as much quality coffee as you can consume from our Italian coffee machine. We’ll provide you a new Mac, as many screens as you need, the tools you want and the flexible working that suits you, if you bring the brainpower and dedication to make us even better.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end functional testing of the BrightTALK platform, following best practices, upholding a BDD development and release process, and being an integral part of a small dedicated team of other QA engineers.
- Planning and specifying the behaviour driven testing required for new and updated features (stories) to the satisfaction of the team’s product owner and scrum-master
- A robust and rigorous approach to browser-based testing, bordering on a fanatical eye for detail
- Being responsible for acceptance testing and sign off for all new releases
- Making automated testing an integral part of the SDLC and release process
- Working in a flat structure where QA, development and product design are one very close-knit team
- Working under their own initiative and provide proactive feedback to the development team and managers
- Taking time to research and develop innovative new tools that help test and maintain the quality of a world class video streaming platform
- Strong communication skills
Expertise or Qualifications:
- A strong proven track record of designing and using the Java / Cucumber / Selenium WebDriver / Gherkin Stack across a multi-browser testing environment
- Decent knowledge around utilising APIs and databases to analyse issues
- Experience in designing and running appropriate load tests (Locust / JMeter)
- A practical, hands-on approach to defining a suitable test suite appropriately covering all functional requirements
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- 2+ years commercial experience with war stories on how you’ve continuously improved the quality and extent of testing in your teams
- A collaborative approach to project work and a team-focussed mindset
Why we like working at BrightTALK
- Friendly, talented, collaborative and entrepreneurial teams
- Generous and comprehensive benefits
- Generous holiday policy with a flexible schedule
- Beautiful London office close to Liverpool Street Station
- Regular company sponsored social events
- Training allowance and opportunities to innovate
- Team building and volunteering opportunities
- Stock options in our business
- We LOVE recognising our people and award trips to our global offices for quarterly program winners