Allied for Startups is the voice of startups in politics and government. We represent more than 35 European and global startup associations to bring their voice to the table. We keep our members informed about current and upcoming legislative matters that concern startups. We are looking at the Digital Single Market including copyright, data protection and flows, artificial intelligence, future technologies and their impact on public policies. In order to improve policy conditions for startups in the EU and globally, we engage proactively with policy makers to ensure their voice is heard in politics and government.
We are looking for a creative and empathic self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our team for at least 6 month.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
● Be a self-starting tech & policy enthusiast; an independent thinker and creative individual;
● Excellent communication and drafting skills in English are essential;
● Have a flair for political work and be a fast learner;
● Knowledge and understanding of EU institutions and legislative processes;
● Ability to translate and communicate complex issues on point;
● Be willing to take responsibility (and praise) for assigned projects;
● Demonstrate appreciation and skills to lead administrative tasks;
● Be a recent MA graduate in communications, political science or similar disciplines;
● Legal eligibility to work in the EU is a must.
Main duties and responsibilities:
● Researching and monitoring of current and relevant legislative initiatives;
● Supporting a campaign promoting startups in policy, institutions and governments;
● Contribute to AfS social media channels and website;
● Maintain relationship with startups and community leaders;
● Monitor national and international activities and initiatives;
● Be part of a unique, groundbreaking organisation representing startups in public policy;
● A challenging experience being part of a young and growing team;
● The opportunity to acquire knowledge of lobbying and association management;
● Direct & daily contact to a fast growing and vibrant startup-scene in Europe and globally;
● Influencing and shaping the public debate about cutting edge technologies;
● Learn about startups, the digital economy, innovation and entrepreneurship;
● Competitive remuneration package / travel opportunities.
Send your CV and motivation to email@example.com to the attention of Lenard Koschwitz. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.