ENGIE Solutions in Hoboken is looking for a Project Contract & Risk Manager (Offshore Wind). As Project Contract Manager, under the direction of the Project Manager, you have overall responsibility for all project contractual activities from inception through to final acceptance of the works. Your strong communication skills enable you to develop close working relationships with the Tendering-, Project Management- and Purchasing teams.
In particular, you conduct contract briefings, advise in responding to contractual queries and assist proactively in the resolution of any issues. You maintain a positive business relationship with the client’s/partner’s Contract Management team by regularly communicating and coordinating with them and engage with the client to resolve issues. You assume responsibility for all project contractual activities from hand-over to the Sales/Tendering department until all relevant contractual obligations are complete and all relevant contractual issues are resolved/settled.
- One of the main responsibilities is to ensure that the Project Management staff are fully aware of their contractual obligations and the commercial impacts of their actions.
- Take a closer look at this professional challenge and apply now!
- You support the project execution start-up, prior to notice to proceed, including contract analysis and preparation of Project Commercial Execution Plan identification of customer/consortium and other third party obligations including development and implementation of the Project Contract Management Planas a member of the core project team, you will be involved in all contractual briefings, issues, risks, processes and procedures related to the engagement contract.
- As you will work closely with the Project Manager, your operational reporting will be the Project Manager prepare the contract summary and ensure it is updated regularly.
- Support and guidance to the project team on general contractual issues.
- Clarification of contractual/legal queries, if required by referring to the Legal department ensure elaboration of the Contract Delivery Requirements by the project team members is launched in time, check milestone compliance preparation and drafting of a contract and claim strategy including alternative dispute resolutions proceedings in the event of a dispute (e.g. third party expert opinion)preservation of ENGIE Solutions' rights and entitlements as provided in the contract.
- Ensure proper notices are given in line with contract requirements.
- Management of claims to/from clients and consortium partners.
- Support the management of claims to/from contractors and suppliers as required log and notice facts to clients, timely processing of project variation requests/orders, prepare and manage claims and counterclaims for delays, extension of time, acceleration and disruption.
- Ensuring appropriate recovery from third parties liaise with the Project Planning Manager to ensure contract programme and appropriate schedules for subcontractors are produced and maintained to support the project claim strategy support project risk and opportunity identification and analysis.
- Support the management of risks and opportunities by developing and implementation of appropriate Project Contract Management Plan.
- You monitor, manage and/or mitigate contractual risks and opportunities.
- You advise on the contractual implications of proposed changes and ensure that any contractual changes that result from change requests are drafted and approved by the client.
- Management of customer Variation Requests/Ordersmanage all incoming correspondence and prepare/review all outgoing correspondence.
- You establish and maintain the engagement’s contractual compliance processes and procedures, identifying non-compliance issues and supporting their resolution.
- You assure that all legal documents are correctly maintained and updated establishment and implementation of project specification contractual procedures, particularly regarding claims, insurance, variation orders, correspondence and notifications providing contract management support as required in the event of a (potential) dispute.
- Provide the Head of Contracts & Risks a monthly project contractual activity report undertaking any other contractual/commercial tasks as instructed/requested by Project Director and/or Management manage insurance matters, submission, monitoring and settlement of insurance claims in accordance with the policies and in liaison with the central insurance department performance measurement objectives, targets and performance measurements are defined on a yearly basis in line with the published business objectives and Project Director objectives.
- Main targets should be related to contract analysis, contract management, claims management, contract and claim strategy, risk and opportunity identification and development of the Project Contract Management Planauthorityaccess to all documentation related to the concerned projects access to concerned Project Directors, Project Managers, Project Controllers, Project Contract Manager, Project Planners and all other project team members as required.
- Access to the relevant databases and tools propose and draft Project Contract Management Plan including Project Claim Strategyauthority to issue notices to customers, consortium partners, sub-contractors and insurances in consultation with Project Manager authority to escalate any disagreement with the Project Manager regarding contractual issues via Line Management.
- Internal interfaces: project managers, tender managers, Legal department, other supporting departments.
- External interfaces: customer representatives, consortium partners’ representatives, lawyers.
Are the following skills part of your professional DNA?
- Degree in engineering, quantity surveying, business administration or law experience in large complex capital projects.
- Preferably some exposure to site construction issues experiences high-level negotiation understanding of contract law.
- Knowledge of FIDIC (red book & yellow book) contracts is the essential understanding of project risk management technical/legal/financial understanding.
- Preferably knowledge of German law and/or French law and/or English law hands-on mentality.
- You are very business-minded
- You are able to dive into the details of non-contractual matters such as engineering, cost control, planning and construction in order to provide relevant contractual support team player, yet you are able to work independently and duly manage your workload and prioritize analytical skills and written communication is one of your strong points strong communication skills
- You communicate easily and efficiently with your colleagues, clients and third parties.
- Fluent in English and German, with a thorough knowledge of the legal vocabulary OR you are fluent in English and Dutch, with a thorough knowledge of the legal vocabulary
Ready to be part of the energy transition?
Then join our experts in the various innovative and exciting projects of ENGIE Solutions. You get the opportunity to use your technical skills as well as to discover cutting-edge technologies that will lead us further to a zero-carbon future.
Joining ENGIE Solutions is more than that! You also get:
- A competitive salary in line with your education.
- Experience fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, concessionary travel, hospitalization- & group insurance interesting training and career opportunities.
We are looking forward to meeting you!