The Oakam Story
Our Mission is to create a better future for the financially excluded by providing access and opportunity for people on low income and for newcomers to the UK. We break down barriers to give people a stronger financial position and the opportunity to individually progress, harnessing the collective power of community.
Since our launch in 2007, we have helped 300,000 customers, have granted some £500 million in loans and have built a strong network of customers and communities.
We are a very experienced and motivated team continuing our transition from a successful Analog business to Digital to unlock our growth in the UK and overseas. Our digital strategy leverages recent developments in technology (UX, Big data, Gamification) as a way to best reproduce the customer-centric service that we have successfully offered offline. We are moving fast and have won several awards last year recognizing our work and reflecting the rapid adoption of our digital products by customer base (FSTech Best digital launch of the year, Credit Today Best alternative lender).
We have a very diverse and multi-lingual workforce coming from different walks of life and we love people who are real, optimistic, collaborative, dependable, resourceful and big-hearted.
We have set high growth targets for the next four years and you will be key in helping us to achieve our ambitions.
Please visit us at www.oakam.com to learn more.
You will take the lead on managing strategic cross-functional projects. The work will include facilitating project prioritization, scheduling and resource allocation. You will be a natural self-starter who is comfortable supporting large, complex cross-functional projects.
You will have a true hands-on approach, strong project management skills, and be an effective communicator.
To be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Manage several competing priorities ensuring critical projects remain visible to all stakeholders whilst maintaining a plan for less urgent matters
- Dive deep into various work streams and not be afraid to learn about each department contribution constraints and challenges
- Facilitate project prioritization with biggest impact on our business and objectives, propose and obtain approval from relevant functional leaders, and schedule resources
- Possess a broad technical background
- Find practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality
- Be comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading
- Take accountability while providing status, ask for help, and immediately escalate issues and problems as necessary
- Maintain the overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and deadlines
- Interface with all necessary functions within the company
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in Program Management, with an ability to drive key business and customer initiatives forward.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience of working within a Digital/tech company
- Experience in managing customer and delivery experience programs
- Proven experience operating as a Program Manager in a high growth, operational and complex business
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyse quantitatively and problem-solve
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills
- Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
- Strong executive presentation skills
What we offer
- Competitive package
- Private healthcare, childcare vouchers
- Regular social events
- Free tea, coffee, fruits and snacks
- Newly refurbished office in central London (on Tottenham Court road) close to transport links and with endless options for coffee, lunch and after-works