We’re making insurance radically better. How? By building insurance that’s fair and flexible. Insurance is completely broken. It’s outdated, complicated, rigid – and we get it, insurance (as you know it) doesn’t sound very exciting. But we’re doing things differently. Using pretty cool technology, we’re making insurance way more fit for the 21st century, building products that actually solve problems.
We were the first company in the UK to sell hourly car insurance via an app. And we’re also the only insurance provider that provides in-app customer support with an average one minute response time. We’ve sold over 2 million policies and supported over 300,000 customers. We’re a strong, talented team of 80+ and growing.
Why work for Cuvva?We don’t cut corners. We strive to do the right thing, even when that makes life more difficult for us.We’ve nurtured an awesome team culture. We always speak up when we have an idea - but also know when to let go and get behind something else.
And we’re comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback, and trying new ways of doing things. We’re building a diverse team from different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences. Everyone is given a fair chance of getting a role at Cuvva. Even if you secretly don’t love insurance, trust us, you’ll love what we’re building.
And if you need any adjustments or support when you’re applying at Cuvva, no worries. Just let us know.
About the role
The person with the role of Product Director at Cuvva will report directly to our CEO and work with him to develop and execute our product strategy. This will be done via the management of our five cross functional product squads. You will be leading our world class team of product managers across products that include: our apps on Android and iOS, our internal ops platform, our web products, our Insurance squad and our platform and infrastructure team. Experience of building and scaling financial digital products for B2C consumers will be a huge benefit for the role. You will be instrumental in helping the senior team set our quarterly OKR’s to align with our annual company goals, mission and vision.
- Be a huge part of setting our quarterly OKR’s
- Work with the CEO to build a clear actionable product strategy with deliverable milestones and measurable impact.
- Own the strategy for the unique and innovative generation of product features, communicating the strategy to our employees, executives, board, and other key stakeholders on an on-going basis.
- Operate as a senior leader within Cuvva, helping to ensure our values are evident in everything we create, and strengthening the product team to do the best work of their careers.
- Manage a team of 5 and continue to build resource across Product, UX and AnalyticsPartner with the CTO to build great products by ensuring the customer is at the heart of everything we do
- Work with the Founder and CEO to re-align the organisation from a start-up structure to the implementation of best practice approaches and operational thinking to support scale
- Define and set goals for both the product area and how it performs in the hands of customers and marketplace
- Work with your team to set hypotheses, test and break down complex problems into small, achievable steps.
- Work with the product teams to resource appropriately and deliver on roadmaps agreed.
- Extensive experience as a product leader/manager within a growth early stage business that successfully scaled, e.g. from Series A to Series C and beyond.
- 8+ years of progressively increasing product leadership experience (ideally with some mix of App, startup, Insure/Fintech and B2C experience)
- Excellent communicator, low ego, capable of motivating and energising the broader team and peers, with a proven ability to create a highly collaborative working environment.
- Deep analytical skills and demonstrable track record of a data-driven approach to product management.
- Technically literate and able to engage and collaborate closely with engineering counterparts. Ideally you have a technical degree (Computer Science or similar) or experience as a software engineer within a world-leading technology organisation.
- Ideally, you have experience managing, recruiting, coaching and developing highly skilled talent in product management, design and user experience at all levels of an organisation.
- Demonstrable success in interpreting technology and market trends, converting these into winning product strategies, and successfully executing on these strategies and have them drive commercial success.
- Positive outlook, a hands-on approach and a naturally high work ethic focused on swift execution will be essential for this role as the company scales
As well as a competitive salary (circa £90-120k, dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:Professional development budget, Brand new MacBookHealth and wellbeing budget, Enhanced parental leave Workplace pension scheme, 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays ) Mates rates on your insurance, Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team, Office library full of great books, Fresh fruit and breakfast club every day, Season ticket loans, Cycle to work scheme, A day off to volunteer, One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coach, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health, Coffee machine in the office, Fully stocked beer and soft drink fridge - we do team drinks every Thursday, Regular team lunches, Monthly team outings (so far we’ve done things like karaoke, go-karting, bowling and comedy night)
Sounds interesting? APPLY HERE.